Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penalty Save

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Ermmm, yes.

You've stated it wasn't a powerful penalty and Stockdale had time to save it. That's very much you, stating your opinion, as fact.
Hence why I prefixed my posts with 'I didn't feel' 'I think' to indicate I, personally, didn't feel it was a powerful penalty.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
From those stills he is going to his left, his feet are in front of the E of England and his shoulders between N and G so to me that is going to his left. Could of course be the angle of the picture, if so ignore me, not unusual.
What do you expect him to do, stand perfectly still until the ball is struck, by which time it's far too late?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Is this one of the most stupid/ pointless arguments ever on nsc???

Can't disagree, but it highlights the scenario where the popular opinion appears to be thought of as the correct and those who disagree with it should be mocked. BG has copped a lot of unnecessary criticism in this thread imo. Anyway, I've got a few ales lined up, hope everyone has a good night xx

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can't disagree, but it highlights the scenario where the popular opinion appears to be thought of as the correct and those who disagree with it should be mocked. BG has copped a lot of unnecessary criticism in this thread imo. Anyway, I've got a few ales lined up, hope everyone has a good night xx

To be honest I think the majority of this thread stems from the very simple reason that BG has a fairly unwarranted hatred of Stockdale, he denies this from time to time but but he can't resist slating when he gets the chance, also I think people struggle with the fact that BG posts as if he's some kind of footballing guru, when in reality he all too often embarrasses himself with his wayward views. IMO.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
To be honest I think the majority of this thread stems from the very simple reason that BG has a fairly unwarranted hatred of Stockdale, he denies this from time to time but but he can't resist slating when he gets the chance, also I think people struggle with the fact that BG posts as if he's some kind of footballing guru, when in reality he all too often embarrasses himself with his wayward views. IMO.

Nail. On. Head.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

Fair enough, I don't come on here a lot as my post count probably tells you so I couldn't comment. Anyway, feel as though this thread should have ended about 6 pages ago, so here's to another 3 points on Tuesday, have a good one.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

Enjoy!, (for what it's worth, I thought it was an ok penalty, could've been better but good save anyway....)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As my son said to me this afternoon I agree dad it was a poorly struck penalty but people who dont know you dont appreciate your logic but please say Bruno is s..t just to please Grant. So lets draw a line under it and look forward to 3 more points towards safety on Tuesday.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Great game changing save. The opprobrium heaped upon Stockdale by several on here following his Forest fluff was harsh and unjustified. World class keepers make errors; goes with the territory. Overall, DS has made many more positive contributions than negative. Comfortably equal to PIG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here