• Penalty

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • Cheating Bernardo

Votes: 149 83.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I thought pen at first viewing but more you watch it no way. It is absolutely not a clear error to not award so VAR has no business giving a pen.

On the radio they said gross pushed him. He had arms up but moved them backwards. Then silva initiated contact with dunk.

Shocking decision to overturn for clear and obvious but if gone to them in first place then should probably not have been overturned.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
VAR is not just for clear and obvious errors, but also serious missed incidents, it's possible the Ref didn't see the contact with Dunk and just thought he fell under the s contact with Gross, VAR is right to ask the Ref to take a look, but when he does he has to judge whether Bernardo initiated the contact or not, I think he did, so not a Penalty for me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If it’s Brighton on City player - hell yeh - in fact we’ve no problem with playing on for 30secs or a minute before giving it

If it’s City on Brighton - would be soft so no from VAR. Most definitely no after plus restarted - can you imagine 20k tourists and a few mancs reaction if we stopped it then and gave it - no way.

This league is corrupt

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Seemed an obvious penalty for me. Dunky tripped him quite clearly.

Main surprise is that it took them so long.
I made a promise to myself that i would NOT swear unduly on this new version of NSC , and you have broken my promise because , how the f*** was that not silva sticking his left leg out , to make contact with Lewis ?? , the **** should have been carded for simulation .

I put the **** by the way , but we all know he is .

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What would have happened if we scored in the attack we had before the ref eventually stopped play ?
We were on a good attack and we did get create a chance and I think a shot that was blocked ?? would have been bizarre scoring a goal, only to be ruled out by an incident that happened around 5 minutes prior! don’t recall this ever happening before in the VAR era

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Leo can play "Football" he would go for goal , not be a has been twat that sticks his left leg out in order to make contact .
Bernardo Silva is also quite good at "Football". And football.

Sticking his left foot like that is indeed a clever, dirty trick, but the main reason there was a penalty was because Lewis Dunk fouled the opponent.

Bernardo was going forward, Lewis Dunk tried to get the ball and upon realising that he failed, he left his leg behind to block the path of Bernardo, which (while Bernardo certainly didn't try to avoid getting tripped) means he tripped the opponent - a penalty.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

Sticking his left foot like that is indeed a clever, dirty trick, but the main reason there was a penalty was because Lewis Dunk fouled the opponent.

Bernardo was going forward, Lewis Dunk tried to get the ball and upon realising that he failed, he left his leg behind to block the path of Bernardo, which (while Bernardo certainly didn't try to avoid getting tripped) means he tripped the opponent - a penalty.
BOLLOX

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

Dunk did not trip him, his foot was on the ground and Bernardo moved his left leg towards Dunk which was why there was contact. Bernardo manufactured the contact to then fall down, if you like he tripped himself up on Dunk’s leg. If you watch in slow motion at Bernardo’s left leg it becomes very obvious and yet VAR took forever to overturn the original correct decision. VAR is so broken. I was there today and we had a blocked shot and a corner after this incident before the game was stopped, we could have easily scored. What then, we lose a goal and they get a penalty? I really hope they call these decisions out on MOTD tonight.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Just seen it in MOTD. My initial view was that Dunk left his leg out deliberately (stupidly) so was a pen. Then watching the replay Silva left his leg out to get the trip. Both guilty so it's a harsh pen. Having said that, Haaland clearly shoved Webster (not just a physical 'coming together' as the idiot commentators say) so that shouting have stood. On balance, should've been 1-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports