Votes: 131 81.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 18.1%

• Total voters

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
As the commentators said, after reviewing the footage it was a penalty but the VAR has been told to only change the decision if it was a clear and obvious error. As he said VAR should have directed the Ref to review the footage.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I've voted yes because the rule is if you're denied a clear goal scoring opporunity it's a foul, and he was.

But part of me is also happy it wasn't because it was terribly soft. We just need it consistent but the interpretation of "soft" will obviously differ from person to person.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Embarrassingly soft if it had been given.

Maupay fell over only when he realised he wouldn't get to the ball in time.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let's just say that the yank on Maupay's arm pulls it out of the socket and dislocates it - still acceptable?

It was unnecessary by Krul and ignored by the ref as he had his ear to VAR to see what they said.

To me, yes still acceptable as that’s never going to happen. But I’m not soft.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Not a stonewall but on another day would of been given . Var would of not over turned it if it had been given so not Var fault just down to the ref

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To me, yes still acceptable as that’s never going to happen. But I’m not soft.

Where’s the consistency then? A shove on a player after a tackle is a card at best, a slight tug on a player breaking from midfields shirt is a booking and a free kick? Nothing at all with being soft you Macho man :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not a stonewall but on another day would of been given . Var would of not over turned it if it had been given so not Var fault just down to the ref

In fairness VAR did not over rule the lino in those two Leicester goals at the Amex. If the lino had not flagged I doubt VAR would have disallowed either of them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Where’s the consistency then? A shove on a player after a tackle is a card at best, a slight tug on a player breaking from midfields shirt is a booking and a free kick? Nothing at all with being soft you Macho man :rolleyes:

If we’re talking about being consistent, we can’t revel in Shane Duffy running a lap of Selhurst winding up the Palace fans and Sanchez giving the biggie to the Holmesdale muppets and then get our vaginas in a twist over a keeper pulling Maupay up off the deck in a slightly aggressive manner.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we’re talking about being consistent, we can’t revel in Shane Duffy running a lap of Selhurst winding up the Palace fans and Sanchez giving the biggie to the Holmesdale muppets and then get our vaginas in a twist over a keeper pulling Maupay up off the deck in a slightly aggressive manner.

WTF? Winding up fans after a game is very different to grabbing, pulling, or pushing players DURING a game. We’ll just have to agree to differ. Krull’s reaction was completely OTT, Schmeicel like even.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The way Maupay went down made it look like it wasn’t a penalty, sadly.

I had hoped he might’ve stayed on his feet to score.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Penalty or not, is the aggressive manhandling of Maupay by Krull acceptable?

Possibly not, but l wonder what Monsieur Maupay did or said that led up to it? We all know he is a bit of a wind up merchant.

More often than not, where there is smoke there's fire.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If it had been given against us we'd all be spitting chips at how soft it was.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
WTF? Winding up fans after a game is very different to grabbing, pulling, or pushing players DURING a game. We’ll just have to agree to differ. Krull’s reaction was completely OTT, Schmeicel like even.

You are incredibly soft.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeah well I’m a Southern Softie, you are a Northern Hard man :shrug:

I’m not northern, nor am I particularly hard. I’m just not soft and don’t get my vagina in a twist over a bit of aggression in a game involving one of our players that can more than handle himself. Need to get over this sort of thing unless we want to look like bad losers.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’m not northern, nor am I particularly hard. I’m just not soft and don’t get my vagina in a twist over a bit of aggression in a game involving one of our players that can more than handle himself. Need to get over this sort of thing unless we want to look like bad losers.

At no stage have I suggested that we deserved more than a point on any threads about yesterday’s game. Just thought Krull’s reaction was deserving of a booking seeing as he had clipped Maupay and any violence during a game generally gets a booking. 8 players were booked in a game that was not dirty in any way, Krull should have been booked imo, call that soft if you like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here