Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cheating diving *******

Votes: 80 98.8%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I heard that only one player has been banned for conning the ref. If correct, Grealish should be the 2nd. Disgraceful dive.

I can only remember one - an everton player who went down easily, but where there was clearly contact. I think most people agreed with it at the time. It was the same season when Zaha dived to win a penalty v Man City minutes from the end with the score at 0-0 (it was missed, and the game ended in a draw, but defended stood off him when he had another late run in the box). Everyone in the studio said it was a dive. The former ref commenting said it was a dive. There was no obvious contact, yet also no retrospective action despite being more of a dive than the Everton one that was punished. I think the retrospective diving panel quietly disappeared after that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even worse was the number of times it took the incompetent john Moss to work out that it was a dive.

The twitter clip posted on here does not make it clear whether Grealish's foot lands on the other players, or the other way round. If the other player's foot landed on Grealish's then it may be given as a penalty regardless of Grealish's absurd theatrics.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What's gets me is they didn't mention on the commentary one single time that it's a dive.

They had their pre-written narrative that grealish is great and weren't able to deviate from it. Absolutely pathetic!

He initiated the contact for the first goal free kick as well.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The twitter clip posted on here does not make it clear whether Grealish's foot lands on the other players, or the other way round. If the other player's foot landed on Grealish's then it may be given as a penalty regardless of Grealish's absurd theatrics.

I saw it on sky.
The first view looked like Grealish had been fouled, similar to Connolly's Pen against Everton.
However, the second view showed clearly that Grealsih was stepping on the defender's foot.

No way Grealish could have been in any doubt of the contact. His theatrics were completely unwarranted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw it on sky.
The first view looked like Grealish had been fouled, similar to Connolly's Pen against Everton.
However, the second view showed clearly that Grealsih was stepping on the defender's foot.

No way Grealish could have been in any doubt of the contact. His theatrics were completely unwarranted.

OK. In which case it was not a foul, the acrobatics becomes something else entirely, and he should have been booked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here