Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty Charge Notice advice

D

Deleted User X18H

1) Go to companies house website and identify a director of said company
2) Go to Tracesmart and identify their private address
3) Write them a letter advising you will visit them to discuss penalty charge at such and such a date
4) Works every time.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
This is a simple no brainer. Just ignore it! It's just an attempt to put the frighteners on you. You should only tame notice of when you receive a county court claim form issued by the parking company via the Northampton county court bulk centre. Even at this stage you can simply submit a defence and if reasonable they will back down.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
1) Go to companies house website and identify a director of said company
2) Go to Tracesmart and identify their private address
3) Write them a letter advising you will visit them to discuss penalty charge at such and such a date
4) Works every time.

You've seriously done that? That's creepy as hell.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
As people have said, this is not a PCN it is an invoice. They can take you to court just anyone can take anyone to court, but they'd be stupid to do so because it sounds like they have no case.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As people have said, this is not a PCN it is an invoice. They can take you to court just anyone can take anyone to court, but they'd be stupid to do so because it sounds like they have no case.

Parking Eye have taken thousands of drivers to court and won. It's not as clear cut in court as people think and to win you need to put in a lot of research and effort.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Came home today to a letter from MET Parking Service asking for £100 parking charge. They had a picture of my car entering McDonald's car park in the Marina at 17:00 and another one of it leaving at 18:50 and as the limit is 90 minutes we were given the penalty charge.

The reality is that my wife took the kids through the drive through (leaving about 17:10) drove into Brighton and we went to my daughters parents evening, on the way back we stopped at McDonald's again so I could grab some food (arriving at 18:45ish leaving 18:50).

Are these companies really so amateurish that they don't check their footage which would show it was 2 separate visits for 5 minutes each time.

Can't believe I now have to waste my timing writing to these idiots to appeal and get the charge dropped.

Anyone else come across these muppets before??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Came home today to a letter from MET Parking Service asking for £100 parking charge. They had a picture of my car entering McDonald's car park in the Marina at 17:00 and another one of it leaving at 18:50 and as the limit is 90 minutes we were given the penalty charge.

The reality is that my wife took the kids through the drive through (leaving about 17:10) drove into Brighton and we went to my daughters parents evening, on the way back we stopped at McDonald's again so I could grab some food (arriving at 18:45ish leaving 18:50).

Are these companies really so amateurish that they don't check their footage which would show it was 2 separate visits for 5 minutes each time.

Can't believe I now have to waste my timing writing to these idiots to appeal and get the charge dropped.

Anyone else come across these muppets before??

I would reply saying if they choose to continue to harass you, they agree that you will be charging them £75 per letter or phone call in response until the matter is resolved. If they want to take the matter to court you'll be happy to contest the charges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here