Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Pen pushers

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Similar story here. Waiting to get some new flooring fitted. Fitter calls on the morning he’s due to arrive and says he can’t make it and will come Wednesday. Wednesday was a no-show. Now we’re saying Friday...

Maybe, just maybe it’s not limited to office workers, but all manner of people could be inept, regardless of profession!

often delays are down to other clients , trades having to move rooms full of furniture that the clients have said they would move , client saying "oh while you're here can you do this room too" as self employed trades you can very rarely win , you are either sat at home doing nothing , worrying how to pay your mortgage or rushed off your feet with people hassling you left right and centre........also cash flow , waiting for payments from one job to buy materials for the next .....just saying.

not the same as arguing with some jumped up medical receptionist who is aggressively insisting that you pay a huge sum for an scan / procedure that you have been written up for by your gp as a "no patient charge" item .......

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
"we can't do that sir, it's company policy"

Sick of hearing this bullshit from companies. Can't really blame the individuals when their hands are tied so tight with company policies making it impossible for any kind of flexibility.

Then you talk to a supervisor who isn't so restricted by company policy.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Fishy, we have common ground at last
Redmi Note 7 ......loving mine

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
often delays are down to other clients , trades having to move rooms full of furniture that the clients have said they would move , client saying "oh while you're here can you do this room too" as self employed trades you can very rarely win , you are either sat at home doing nothing , worrying how to pay your mortgage or rushed off your feet with people hassling you left right and centre........also cash flow , waiting for payments from one job to buy materials for the next .....just saying.

not the same as arguing with some jumped up medical receptionist who is aggressively insisting that you pay a huge sum for an scan / procedure that you have been written up for by your gp as a "no patient charge" item .......
Exactly this, the issues are completely different

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Return the favour when he does the job and wants paying.

There aren’t many trades where you stump up for materials and full labour, complete the job and then have to wait ages for any money. If you aren’t happy with the wait get someone else in who hasn’t anything on. You’ could possibly find out why he isn’t that busy if you are unlucky.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Spot on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I feel we're at a time where some people that work in offices really don't care about their customers/clients.
In the past year me and my family have had to deal with many companies/council's/courts/providers over sensitive subjects. However all seem to be totally inept at their jobs, seemingly obvious/easy things to sort have taken months / over a year. Shame

Load of bollocks. I work in IT ..... generally in an office .... there isn't an hour of the day I haven't worked. I've done 36 hour shifts. Care to detail when as a plumber you've still been at work at 3am or indeed when you've done a 24 hour plus shift ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Load of bollocks. I work in IT ..... generally in an office .... there isn't an hour of the day I haven't worked. I've done 36 hour shifts. Care to detail when as a plumber you've still been at work at 3am or indeed when you've done a 24 hour plus shift ?

You're in the wrong job mate :moo:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Similarly, van drivers who have no concept of the highway code and who litter our streets with debris from McDonald’s and KFC really get my goat.

While I was out of work I did some casual delivery stuff in a van around Sussex. I now have a new found respect for many van drivers. Two gripes stand out - the number of fvckwits that park in loading bays and think it's OK as 'it's only a loading bay' thus making me carry heavy goods even further and the school run times ..... never have I seen such incompetent and frankly selfish driving ..... and I hate to say it, 90% of them are women !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Um I did say SOME office workers, as in the SOME I've had dealings with. Anyway I'll let you get back to your extremely difficult job tapping on a keyboard, under the air con and next to the water cooler... sounds like a holiday to me..

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'd like to add to this in a different way.

The number of occasions where shops/offices in fact everywhere in the UK are so blatantly short of staff is staggering.
Why can't these organisations simply employ more people, for god's sake?

I know you could say that staff cost a lot money - and I accept that, but the amount of cash I can see these organisations losing
because of the resulting incompetence is so clear.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is all down to management.

I worked in offices for many years and saw times change from when you could use initiative and common sense to help a customer,to becoming a button pusher beholden to productivity targets which required the getting rid of a caller as soon as possible.

Thank God I am out of it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Should be illegal. The person expecting the job to be done may have taken time off work to be there, may have an event coming up that the home improvements are being done for, may be selling the property etc etc. Perhaps ‘tradies’ should have to offer written estimated start dates which also offer compensation for unreasonable delays. Utter rudeness just to leave people hanging.
Illegal? :lolol: they could always get someone else.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Return the favour when he does the job and wants paying.

I think making someone sweat for their money long after the work has been done is a bit below the belt, even in this situation. IMO, a better way of returning the favour is to book him up (along with a different decorator) and then drop him with a few hours notice because you've found somebody else.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is all down to management.

I worked in offices for many years and saw times change from when you could use initiative and common sense to help a customer,to becoming a button pusher beholden to productivity targets which required the getting rid of a caller as soon as possible.

Thank God I am out of it.

Completely this. Thank God for retirement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here