[Help] Peloton Style Bikes

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
pelolton.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
always seems a bit fraudulent to me.

Have loads of these on strava and whilst its commendable to do exercise , its hard to take someone seriously when they post their images of going over the pyreneese.

As a runner and cyclist I maybe unreasonable but it just doesn't count for me.

I also have a hatred for lycra on the casual runner and cyclist but I would bet a large amount of cash that these peloton riders are kitted head to toe in all the wanky gear.

Not for me but good luck

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Have loads of these on strava and whilst its commendable to do exercise , its hard to take someone seriously when they post their images of going over the pyreneese.

I also have a hatred for lycra on the casual runner and cyclist but I would bet a large amount of cash that these peloton riders are kitted head to toe in all the wanky gear.

Not for me but good luck

or, in emoji...

:wrong:

:thumbsup:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

Not for me but good luck

Good for you.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Zwift is great...group rides, races, meet ups and quite a few good events.
Also very good for targeted work outs.
If you own a bike get the best turbo trainer you can afford. It also needs an iPad or laptop to run

Was also going to make the suggestion that you spend good money on a direct-drive turbo trainer (and subscribe to Swift as well). I bought a Wahoo Kickr to do winter training for an Ironman I did in summer 2018. Not cheap at nearly 1K, but is a solid piece of kit on which I've done thousands of miles in my basement.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Not for me but good luck

I bet some wear crash helmets whilst on their peloton.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset

Not for me but good luck

I wear only my Lycra Bib Shorts, gets too hot for anything else. I look like a Mankini clad Bear in a Gay nightclub darkroom.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Not for me but good luck

I wear my lycra shorts on my turbo trainer. Seriously, what else would you wear for the most comfort in the saddle??

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not for me but good luck

Without lycra shorts the inside of my chubby thighs would be red raw from chafing..........

However, one of my former team is a very keen (obsessive) cyclist.....we were in the gym one morning on a work trip, he was on the static bike in helmet and sunglasses :wrong::wrong:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not taking a pop at you mate, more at the pretentious wankers in their TV adverts

I like the one where the old guy cycling and all excited when the Peloton guys shouts his name, and then tells him his bits have popped out of his shorts, great comedy clip .... problem is that could easily be me!

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
Have a look at the Les Mills option, three different spin options in RPM, The Trip and HIIT Spin, plus you get all the other exercise content, which is good too, Body Pump, Combat, Gritt etc. I pay £28.50 every quarter and the content is very good there's loads of class options, 30mins/45mins and 1hr sessions. I am a big fan and it's way cheaper than Peloton. Annual membership is only £96 now. Combine this with a half decent spin bike and you'll save loads of money, they are offering a free14 day trial too.

https://web.lesmillsondemand.com/membership

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
.... with an ankle I can't run or road cycle on, can't swim at the moment, but at 60 am still trying to keep fit.

Good for you for sorting out the cardio exercise. The jokers and others will always have a view, but you’re right to look after yourself and there are some really good options here

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Not for me but good luck

I agree, I’m only going to walk from now on

690DBF9C-AD16-46A6-9798-DA35B650B5FB.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think the amount of cash being spent on bikes that go nowhere is mad. Still, I suppose having one at home is better than getting in your car and sitting in traffic trying to get to a gym, only to get on a bike that goes nowhere, that really does my head in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here