Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
TJ0624.jpg

Even nice, cold, out of the tin, with a spoon

This, this, and another can of these.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Even though I rarely have them, you cannot beat a good garden pea. Superior to the Petit Pois in my opinon. However I have to give big shout out to the chickpea which is the pea I consume the most. Incredibly versatile and full of goodness it's a staple for me.

This thread would also not be complete with a round of applause for the mushy peas that you get at the chippy on the pier, absolutely superb, to be honest I could ditch the chips and get an extra tub of the peas!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Garden peas and Shepherd's Pie, mmm!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Petit Pois are so rubbish, I use them as an icepack for my foot - because there's no chance anyone would think they're to be eaten.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Aren't shops brilliant? 'Cause if you want something, no matter what it is, you can get it in a shop. Like a magazine, or anything, even some milk, or Cheesy-Peas, aren't Cheesy-Peas brilliant? They're a combination of cheese and peas to form Cheesy-Peas, brilliant. And, you know, if we didn't have shops, we wouldn't be able to buy 'em, wouldn't be able to buy 'owt, and we'd probably all die, and that would be terrible, wouldn't it? Aren't pavements brilliant? If you think about it, right, if we didn't 'ave 'em, everywhere would just be one big road, and we'd probably keep getting run over all the time, and we'd all die, and that'd be terrible wouldn't it? I mean, really terrible. I'n't the sky brillliant? I mean, where does it end? Fantastic.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
I have a question for you all. I grew up in Dorset and in pretty much every chip shop there, you could get a "Pea Fritter" which is essentially mushy peas formed into a ball, covered in batter and deep fried. They are astonishingly good.

However, since leaving Dorset, I've lived in Nottingham and all over Brighton and have been to multiple chip shops in London and I've never seen a Pea Fritter in any of these places.

So, is it just that this is a Dorset only thing or am I somehow missing out on somewhere in Brighton that sells this delight?

pea-fritter.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have a question for you all. I grew up in Dorset and in pretty much every chip shop there, you could get a "Pea Fritter" which is essentially mushy peas formed into a ball, covered in batter and deep fried. They are astonishingly good.

However, since leaving Dorset, I've lived in Nottingham and all over Brighton and have been to multiple chip shops in London and I've never seen a Pea Fritter in any of these places.

So, is it just that this is a Dorset only thing or am I somehow missing out on somewhere in Brighton that sells this delight?

View attachment 72273

First I've heard of it, but sounds delicious!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Clearly I'm in a minority here but my favourites are the ones that stay in a freezer. Unused. Forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here