Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pearson sacked

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I would imagine many other sackings have occurred with shakier reasons.

It's also complete conjecture at this point but, to add even more, what if he went crazy at the owner/whoever about the treatment of his son and crossed a line when doing so? Gross misconduct, goodbye.

I'm in no way saying that's what has actually happened but with some of his antics last season I wouldn't put some sort of blow-up past him.

There's that side of it but I can also see him giving his son a right old rollicking and slap round the head for that anyway. If I had a son and he did that a court case would be the least of his worries yet alone what the police and club decide to do.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
On the pitch, great job.

Off it, Nut Job.

Grabbing players during a game, ranting during a press conference, twatty post match interviews.

Just based on these public representations of his character, it doesn't suprise me he is hard to get on with!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sort of a home-grown head-mental equivalent of Poyet. With even less of a future as a manager in this country. Zero in the way of Grace Under Pressure. Oh well :wave:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Promotion followed by 14th spot. In a results-driven business it looks baffling but then again Southampton sacked Adkins after 2 successive promotions when they were clear of the bottom three, and they've never looked back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would have a case for unfair dismissal then? I'm not particularly aufait with managerial contracts but sacking due to a family link is a tad harsh.
No, he just gets paid his contract. Managers are nearly always sacked 'unfairly', which is why they get paid. Gus was the exception.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
There's that side of it but I can also see him giving his son a right old rollicking and slap round the head for that anyway. If I had a son and he did that a court case would be the least of his worries yet alone what the police and club decide to do.

I actually agree with you and think that's the far more likely outcome considering his apparent mentality/outlook it's just that, as is often the case, whatever goes on behind closed doors is rarely let out in the public domain.

Maybe this whole thing is to get Hiddink/Klopp...pfft.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely what he does with an inflatable sex toy in private is nobody's business but his?

Just seen it pointed out on Twitter that Leicester are:

-relegation candidates
-have foreign owners with ideas above their station
-who are willing to throw lots of cash at the next manager

Another "last job in football, for sure" coming up?

harry-redknapp_1799507c.jpg

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Is it really that baffling? The guy's a nut job! Throttling a player, telling a fan to "F*** off and die", that weird ostrich outburst...

He might be a good manager but he's a PR liability.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

-relegation candidates

Ooh, the return of...harry-redknapp-qpr-bingo.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

-relegation candidates

Triffic

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They stuck with him through thick and thin. He then does the impossible and he's sacked. Pearson's stock is sky high, he's laughing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here