Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pearson sacked/Poyet to Leicester? (merged threads)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Guess they might risk it all for promotion. Shame but I wouldnt be surprised if there was something behind this

That was this season wasn't it? Wage bill over 100% of their total turnover. Unsustainable.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Guess they might risk it all for promotion. Shame but I wouldnt be surprised if there was something behind this

Apparently they are already a cool £100m in debt :eek: but are preparing another spending spree to risk the promotion. The money available is the sort of thing that would give Gus a hard-on.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If Gus needs massive sums to succeed than maybe he is not as good as he thought. He would really go down in my estimation if he did this

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Getting carried away now but I did wonder why charlie and tanno were also suspended. If gus was tapped up by leicester he would take charlie and tanno with him I guess. Perhaps they had beeb involved in the poss meetings/talks or perhaps the club were fearful conversations may take place will key players and dealt with it accordingly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would be a brave Leicester board that ignored popular old boys Neil Lennon and Martin O'Neill and went for now-disgraced Gus.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its all coming together, now its making sense why the 3 have been suspended, dont blame Charlie to be honest as I imagine somewhere like Leicester he will double if not treble his wage. But think Gus could of gone about it differently.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
its all coming together, now its making sense why the 3 have been suspended, dont blame Charlie to be honest as I imagine somewhere like Leicester he will double if not treble his wage. But think Gus could of gone about it differently.

Well, he has gone back on everything he ever said if it turns out to be Leicester.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Well, he has gone back on everything he ever said if it turns out to be Leicester.

agreed...but it seems to fit, its why Bloom did the players contracts himself yesterday, securing the better players and offering deals to ones he wants to keep, and also banning Gus from speaking to players. it makes sense that he has agreed somewhere else such as Leicester who in all honestly should be favourites next season to go up and taking the backroom with him.

D

Deleted member 22389

I looked on the Leicester board earlier. They said that Poyet was approached, I don't know how true this, and they are also talking about Pearson being sacked, you just start to wonder.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
agreed...but it seems to fit, its why Bloom did the players contracts himself yesterday, securing the better players and offering deals to ones he wants to keep, and also banning Gus from speaking to players. it makes sense that he has agreed somewhere else such as Leicester who in all honestly should be favourites next season to go up and taking the backroom with him.

Well only time will tell but if that's what Gus want good luck to him but if he fails to take them up he would be out as Pearson only missed out on the final by missed penalty.

If as the bookies say Di-Matteo is fav for us who was his backroom team or who would he want?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

My betting is Leicester tapped Gus up between their playoff defeat, and before our game v Palace. a time when Gus should have been fully focussed on the albion.

Tony has very good contacts in the game, and could well have heard about it. Bye bye, Gus, breach of contract.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Has an air of truth about it which is a shame. If this is the case I hope the club will come out and defend itself and let people know what actually happened, although I doubt it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFP means, like Tony, they can't spend those funds.
Isn't next season like a trial run or something, leaving it possible for clubs to overspend still?
And so can Tony in the same way.
Tony hasn't shown the interest to hugely overspend like Leicester have.
its all coming together, now its making sense why the 3 have been suspended, dont blame Charlie to be honest as I imagine somewhere like Leicester he will double if not treble his wage.
I don't blame Charlie or Tanno, because if Gus goes, we get a new manager that will bring their own team, so Charlie and Tanno don't really have a choice.
Apparently they are already a cool £100m in debt :eek: but are preparing another spending spree to risk the promotion.
Makes me sick. You can imagine their strategic plan including the option to go into administration again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Views from the Leicester Board

1: Brighton have got quite a bit of money to throw around now and they've only just built the AMEX Stadium as well, you can hardly call them a small club.I wouldn't want him here to be honest, because he hasn't really proven he can do a better job than what we've already got at the moment. So many on here seem to be clamouring for autos next season - well he hasn't proved he can do that with Brighton, who've spent a fair bit of money over the past couple of seasons, so why would he do it here where he'd have to change so much for us play in his style?
Plus, Brighton are possibly the diritiest team in the league, they cheat and foul their way through most of their matches and that's not the way I want Leicester to play"

2: Can't say I like him that much, he seems very disloyal and doesn't particularly care who knows about it. Often gives the impression that he's too good for Brighton and wants to move on to a bigger club, Chelsea seeming to be his preferred job.
Bit arrogant too, bit too much self entitlement and all that. Having said that, has clearly done a good job at Brighton.

3: I reckon Poyet has been talking to someone and wants to resign so the future club don't have to pay Brighton anything. They've cottoned on to it and aren't having any of it.

4: I don't want a man with no standards like that anywhere near our club. It better not be us.

5: Just had a text from somebody from down that way to say we have an interest in him.
Personally I can't imagine Poyet would risk losing his job at Brighton for us so there's obviously further interest elsewhere. I also see him as no better than NP, in fact apart from the style of play I can't see what he offers. He has spent a fair bit of money there, brought in older players and not youngsters like us, poor tactically and has shown a lack of respect. No point in getting rid of Nige for him

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Leicester won't have a bigger budget.

Could well have a block in transfers unless they have reduced their 105% ratio down to 60% from two years ago!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Isn't next season like a trial run or something, leaving it possible for clubs to overspend still?

No. Financial accounts for the 13/14 season will be filed by Decemeber 2014 and any clubs that are shown to have breached FFP will be subject to sanctions. They may however still gamble on being in the Premier League by then, in which case I'm not sure whether the trasnfer sanctions would be effective.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The same Leicester that who have lost £45 million over the previous 2 seasons? The same Leicester that have lost another shedload this season?

Like Gus would care about that? He'd be out of there faster than a scalded cat if he could get the money to get promoted and tout himself to a bigger club. The budget, if promoted, would put him back in a similar position to what he had here. Leicester would be a smaller fish in the Premier League than we are in the Championship.

Very telling that he was allegedly leaving us even if we got promoted, no doubt it would have given him even more reason to complain about being uncompetitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here