Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pc help again please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just uninstalled Chrome and reverted to IE and it appears ok so perhaps it was a problem with Google Chrome. A flash of inspiration that I thought I would try, and it has worked.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Does absolutely nothing.

As long as you don't pull it out while files are still transferring (I always give it an extra 5 seconds just to be safe) then you won't have any trouble with files corrupting.

This.
Never had or heard of anyone having problems caused by not selecting 'eject memory stick hardware'! Simply remove it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am on wifes tablet cos my lap top is showing processing request then after a few minutes unreponsive pages kill page orwait. This is happening most of the time. Any advice please

It has got to be something with he lap top because I can post on wifes tablet and also on my PC which I am on now. It sits on processing request for ages before going to Unresponsive pages with 2 boxes Kill Pages or wait. This is on Chrome and Windows 7, I dont know if that helps. Should uninstall Chrome then re-install?

I have just uninstalled Chrome and reverted to IE and it appears ok so perhaps it was a problem with Google Chrome. A flash of inspiration that I thought I would try, and it has worked.

This is still happening whenever I sign in through Chrome but not if I do it through Internet Explorer. OK easy overcome use IE for NSC but why should this happen

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When using any data stick on my pc it shows an error message ' a usb device has malfunctioned and is not recognised by windows' This happens on all data sticks on the pc, however if I put them into my laptop they open correctly. How can I rectify this as it appears there is a fault on the PC?

Many thanks for any constructive advice.

The previous problem, as above has rectified itself thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Me again seeking help. My laptop operates on Windows 7 Some how I have installed a task bar with Yahoo Answer and it is a pain. have tried removing it through the control panel but it doesnt show on the programs how can I uninstall it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have inadvertently sent all my inbox to trash but some of the emails I wish to keep so how do I restore them from trash to inbox. I have tried opening them and hoping they return but that doesnt work and a google search didnt give an answer. That only leaves 1 option ask NSC posters.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Are you.usong a web browser to access email or a client program like outlook?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are usually symbols above to do things like that on a browser.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Worth noting that all these storage devices have a limited lifespan. They gradually get corrupted by the earth's magnetic field. Cds, memory sticks and hard drives will only last 5 - 10 years generally. Sometimes less. Those saying you can have a memory stick "for life" are talking guff.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I have inadvertently sent all my inbox to trash but some of the emails I wish to keep so how do I restore them from trash to inbox. I have tried opening them and hoping they return but that doesnt work and a google search didnt give an answer. That only leaves 1 option ask NSC posters.

Select the ones you want and drag back

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I use google chrome and am with talktalk

As others have said there should be a way of dragging and dropping the emails from the trash folder into your inbox. Is there a square next to each email? If so click the square to put a tick in it and repeat for all those that you want to keep. There should be an option then to move those emails back to your inbox. The following screen shot might help?

screenshot3.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seen that as in the screen shot but when I left or right clicked there was no option to put them back in the inbox. Is it just a case of dragging them to the inbox and clicking. Sorry to sound silly on what must be a simple operation if you know how.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Memory sticks can be configured in windows to work in 2 ways.

One way is to not cache the data in windows, this allows you to pull the stick immediately the data has finished writing. (This is normally the default way). No "eject" of the stick is required.

If you enable caching on the memory stick, then windows may indicate that the data has finished writing but it has actually still got some data to transfer in it's internal cache. You have to "eject" the drive via the safely remove hardware option to make sure that all the data from the windows cache has been completely written to the memory stick before removing it.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Me again seeking help. My laptop operates on Windows 7 Some how I have installed a task bar with Yahoo Answer and it is a pain. have tried removing it through the control panel but it doesnt show on the programs how can I uninstall it.

Which browser are you using? Generally - click the "pencil" icon next to the search bar, Click "Uninstall" on the uninstall page

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here