Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC Gamers - Battlegrounds [O/T]

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
GTX 1050ti, beautiful card at a decent price.

As for PUBG, I'm not sure what to think. It's so poorly optimised and the weapons just don't feel like they're going to deal damage. I know it's a game in alpha development, but it's frustrating at times.

Big update coming tomorrow I think.
And the new additions and maps should be great.
Really need proper climbing and vaulting too.

Hopefully I'll have a decent PC ready by the time it's looking good.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Big update coming tomorrow I think.
And the new additions and maps should be great.
Really need proper climbing and vaulting too.

Hopefully I'll have a decent PC ready by the time it's looking good.

I hope they add 1st person only, It's like DayZ all over again: camp by a wall then 3rd person until the victim runs by.

Are you looking to build from scratch or just upgrade core components? I built my budget PC in January for about £500, then upgraded to 1050ti last month. It has an i5-6400 with 8GB DDR3 2333mhz RAM and runs Arma high settings comfortably at 60fps without temperature issues.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I hope they add 1st person only, It's like DayZ all over again: camp by a wall then 3rd person until the victim runs by.

Are you looking to build from scratch or just upgrade core components? I built my budget PC in January for about £500, then upgraded to 1050ti last month. It has an i5-6400 with 8GB DDR3 2333mhz RAM and runs Arma high settings comfortably at 60fps without temperature issues.

Yeah a 1st Person option would be great.
And yes, basically I'm deciding between an Xbox One X or PC from scratch.
PC wins the race obviously, but price-wise is a bit costly, including a monitor too!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
PC wins the race obviously, but price-wise is a bit costly, including a monitor too!
I would say in the long run, the PC has more value, my mate's rocking a rig from 5 years ago that's holding strong today and he's only upgraded RAM and CPU cooler. But he did initially spend £750 on it.

I play more competitively, so a console is not really my thing. But they keep maxing the FPS to 30. So they come with really good spec, but you won't really see much of it...

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing

You can say that again, I spent £2200 on my latest set-up. but I am an enthusiast builder.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Any ideas of a decent PC without spending a fortune that will play the forthcoming COD and other up to date games plus the usual office stuff.

Cheers

Imo this is the best pre-built gaming pc available for under £550.
It'll play anything at 1080 / 60FPS at medium or better settings.

Of course this isn't the most powerful PC available, but it'll out perform all consoles easily.
If you can stretch another £100-£150, id upgrade to the 6GB card and 16GB Ram.

After you buy this, you could just upgrade your graphics card every 3-4 years to stay up to date.

Pretty much along the same lines as I will be going.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XY771T3/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1498588086&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=admi+gaming+pc&dpPl=1&dpID=410YZuy-I7L&ref=plSrch

lugsy

Sep 2, 2009
Gonna give it a go as I really need to find something different from Battlefield 1 which I am addicted to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here