Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC Beard

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
PC Beard, now there's a blast from the past. fond memories of him and that specky steward trying to hold the gate shut behind the goal as the north stand surged to get on the pitch. Thankfully someone picked me up off the floor as i was caught in the stampede!

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Pc Beard, Fat chops, and bins, and not forgetting Rosy, (older policeman with rosy cheeks), think your right wookie lad, beardy does the cricket!:bhasign:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He'd be worthy of a legends banner outside the Amex, surely.

PC BEARD M'LORD, PC BEARD!

I am sure that there was either a posting on here by him or even a programme article confirming that he worked in the control box at Withdean on matchdays.

Anyone remember the St Johns Ambulance man with the Hitler 'tach who used to have to put up with fortnightly "Sieg Heils" and other ribaldry at the Goldstone?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Didn't he get hit in the head by a Darren Hughes rocket one game that knocked his helmet off, or was that another copper??...Funny as f##k.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Does anyone remember Catweazle? He used to patrol the Goldstone perimeter in the 70's.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Does anyone remember Catweazle? He used to patrol the Goldstone perimeter in the 70's.

Was that during your drugtaking years ?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Does anyone know his real name?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Pc Beard, Fat chops, and bins, and not forgetting Rosy, (older policeman with rosy cheeks), think your right wookie lad, beardy does the cricket!:bhasign:

Always knocking on your door and it wasn't for a cup of tea and a chat was it big man ! You hate them witj a Passion !

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
who was the sergeant! He once told me at the junction of Old Shoreham Road and Sackville Road whilst sitting in the pissing hard rain to attend the nick in the morning before he kicks my mums back door in! Not a good place to go! Especially after ruining my trainers invading the pitch for an anti Bellotti protest!

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Time for PC Beard to make a special one-off pre-match re-appearance in front of the NS. Sunderland ?
The crowd would go wild.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here