PC Assistance - Bad Image Errors

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Good morning pc geeks. My laptop is giving me loads of Bad Image errors. I have run malware bytes and removed all the infections and also run microsoft essentials!!! however, it is still giving me errors. A quick search on the internet suggests using a registry clean up tool to fix but before I go down this route I wanted to check the Sages on here to see if there were any other suggestion and if I need to purchase a registry clean up tool which is the best one.

Thanks in advance

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
If this has only just recently started happening, this may sound really obvious and useless but it does work for things !
Try a system restore !

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Sorry forgot to add how to do system restore
Simply just type rstrui into the search bar and hit enter. Restore to a date when everything was normal

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
first Bad Image on boot up is lsaas.exe - Bad Image then services.exe. It all boots up ok and seems to be usable so there seems to be something fishy going on with the registry. OK did a system restore and the restore worked but errors still occuring :-(

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
The only thing I could say is did you restore to a date when you didn't have it?
Sorry I don't really have a clue :|
I'm only 14. What can you do? :facepalm:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
first Bad Image on boot up is lsaas.exe - Bad Image then services.exe. It all boots up ok and seems to be usable so there seems to be something fishy going on with the registry. OK did a system restore and the restore worked but errors still occuring :-(

do you have another log in on the PC u can try?

according to the IT chap at work its something to do with passwords...or registry ( he thinks) hes now checking it out

ok he thinks it MIGHT be the sasser worm/virus.....download this FREE microsoft malware tool.

Malware, Malicious Software Removal Tool, Protect Your Computer

follow the instructions.

"This worm exploits the Windows LSASS vulnerability, which is a buffer overrun that allows remote code execution and enables an attacker to gain full control of the affected system. To propagate, it scans the network for vulnerable systems. When it finds a vulnerable system, this malware sends a specially crafted packet to produce a buffer overflow on LSASS.EXE. This worm can cause LSASS to crash and force Windows to restart."

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports