Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PBOBE to join Roberto De Zerbi for his post-Man Utd press conference

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yeah I like Enrico … shame he’ll be going too 😔 he’s a jovial sort of character… they make a kind of slightly comic double act.

One thing I won’t miss is this:

“Julio Enciso 2004… Evan Ferguson 2004… “

And so on… it really started to grate on me… not sure why, it just did. Completely justified parting of the ways based on that alone… 🥸
Definitely. Enrico and RDZ work very well together, although sometimes RDZ still went off on a tangent to answer.

It grates with me too (2004, 2006, 1973... that'll be Milner 🤣) drives me nuts!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s not a dictatorship. RDZ can say what he likes and when he likes, whether next to someone from the club or otherwise. He’s a free agent so why everyone’s thinking this is a gagging attempt I’ve no idea. Strange conclusion. More than likely to Barber can answer questions as others have said

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It’s not a dictatorship. RDZ can say what he likes and when he likes, whether next to someone from the club or otherwise. He’s a free agent so why everyone’s thinking this is a gagging attempt I’ve no idea. Strange conclusion. More than likely to Barber can answer questions as others have said
Yep, I'm expecting it to be very cordial. Journos will ask their questions and...maybe RDZ will say "it's already been stated in yesterday's press release"...as if 🤦🏼‍♂️.
But I do expect it to be ok. I think both sides are happy with the last two years, and also how it's ended. No problemo.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Nothing weird about this. RDZ will say his farewells and PB will be there to deal with inevitable questions about what’s happening next, which RDZ is not in a position to answer.

Do people really believe RDZ has just reached an amicable settlement with the club only to slag off the owners to the media?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
ok that was very much a tongue in cheek post on my part but Im just making a point that the responses of both PB and RDZ will be carefully crafted in advance ( questions will be seen beforehand or at least anticipated) and probably won’t reveal any more than what we as fans have known for years from PB and what RDZ has been saying for months.

In other words - From PB - Our succession policy - how by buying low and selling high has made us competitive and him assuring all the fans watching that we are in a ‘good place’ and how well we did to qualify and compete in Europe. From RDZ more ‘honesty’ and how much he loves Brighton but his career ideas don’t match the plan of the Club but thank you any way for the wonderful opportunities ( or words to that effect).

The only revelation for me will be if PB announces the next manager of Brighton while sitting next to our current one - which would be rather weird.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Gregg Wallace Insidethefactory GIF by BBC
and they'll be digging the foundations for the new fan zone soon

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Weird comment. What do you expect RDZ to say on his own?

"These are a good opponent

We have a plan but the players are not good enough because Mr Bloom, he no want to spend his money, which is why I'm off"

There is a time and a place for the CEO to front up when the man picking the team has said he's off, and that's now.

Edit: Oh I see you got it wrong about it being the pre match presser. You just 'baa baa black sheeped' me :lolol:
I think you are confusing my comments with Zebedee‘s on this thread - I did say ‘pre-match’ presser by mistake but I just said it was ‘strange’, I didn’t say I disagreed with it, only that it probably won’t tell us what we already know (unless its who the new coach is!). You are tilting your lance at the wrong windmill I think.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Crisis management. Will police the Q&A and bring it to a very swift close.
I think our succession policy ensures that when anyone leaves, it is not a crisis.

However, while I think it strange, (is this what clubs normally do?) it is a good opportunity for the Club to answer press questions in one foul swoop so to speak about our plans going forward and for RDZ to answer questions on what his future plans might be too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think our succession policy ensures that when anyone leaves, it is not a crisis.

However, while I think it strange, (is this what clubs normally do?) it is a good opportunity for the Club to answer press questions in one foul swoop so to speak about our plans going forward and for RDZ to answer questions on what his future plans might be too.

That would be great.

But with ‘both parties’ there, I fear PB will control it to just thank you’s, then a “Let’s wrap it up here” as heart on sleeze RDZ is about to open up.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Best CEO in the business. Ridiculous criticism..
No it's not. Great CEO, absolutely. but also runs a club that relies on NDAs and shuts down any criticism. Won't even listen to a Fan Advisory Board because he knows best, nor will he listen to recommendations from the Ombudsman/Football Supporters Association. Won't let the Argus and Athletic report the truth about anything that might not paint the club in the way that suits him (see the thread about the security chap if it's not had to be pulled) - we have to control the narrative. So Barber isn't going to let a gobby manager tell the press the real reasons he's off.

It was never going to work the moment De Zerbi said he wanted multiple players in January.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Maybe we should ask the club if our succession planning is as good with the manager as it is for when we lost our only inverted right winger last autumn.

Load of old bollocks that people swallow because of Caicedo. We never even replaced Mwepu or Trossard. PR guff.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Amount of Anti-Barber stuff on here is ridiculous.

There will be 2 people having a press conference. One has put blood sweat and tears into BHAFC for the last 12 years and just pledged a further 6 years with us, minimally (that's 18 bloody years for anyone who needs a calculator). He's helped mastermind our total transformation as a football club and one that Tony Bloom thoroughly trusts to run his passion - BHAFC.

The other is a journeyman who spends spend an average of 2 years in his job. Yes he's been entertaining whilst he was here and loved his passion and football.

But one of them is history and the other is the future (clue: the history one isn't English) and I'm personally more interested in hearing what our future is going to be like than blowing smoke up the arse of some bloke who is jumping ship as soon as the sea gets a bit rough and will, figuratively and literally, be gone tomorrow.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I think Barber gets very poor treatment on here. Since when were CEOs supposed to be cuddly laugh-a-minute types. Is he 'controlling'? Well, I certainly hope so because that’s his freakin' job. He runs the club. I like the way he’s in constant communication with the media and the fanbase. Compare him with the executive leadership of Manchester United or Arsenal or Tottenham or Chelsea. They never say a word to anyone about anything, and it infuriates their fans.

The hysteria over him attending Roberto's final press conference is unbelievable. He’s surely there to pay tribute to the bloke and to represent the club as all sorts of left-field questions get thrown out. RDZ's English isn’t great and I’m certain he’ll be delighted with support in a difficult situation.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Amount of Anti-Barber stuff on here is ridiculous.

There will be 2 people having a press conference. One has put blood sweat and tears into BHAFC for the last 12 years and just pledged a further 6 years with us, minimally (that's 18 bloody years for anyone who needs a calculator). He's helped mastermind our total transformation as a football club and one that Tony Bloom thoroughly trusts to run his passion - BHAFC.

The other is a journeyman who spends spend an average of 2 years in his job. Yes he's been entertaining whilst he was here and loved his passion and football.

But one of them is history and the other is the future (clue: the history one isn't English) and I'm personally more interested in hearing what our future is going to be like than blowing smoke up the arse of some bloke who is jumping ship as soon as the sea gets a bit rough and will, figuratively and literally, be gone tomorrow.

Well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here