Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

 Pay

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I wonder if Apple Pay is going to make a big difference to the watch sales. Something has got to turn it around as it currently looks like the watch has been a total flop.

Personally I am not convinced by the watch. But you can use Apple pay without the phone being with you, so it may well be a feature that improves appeal. Some stores have removed the limit of £20-30 with Apple pay. Determining which ones will be difficult unless they display it at checkout. I hope the Amex removes the limit.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Really? Unless I'm missing something this is just basic OCR which has been around for years...

Yes but it's the ease with which its done. It ignores all other writing and just recognises the card in an instant. I didn't even hold it straight and it recognised every detail. It might just be ocr but it's an advanced version.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Where is it on my 6+ then? Can't use yet as they seem to have missed my 4 debit cards almost deliberately. Lloyds, TSB, Barclays & Nationwide are no go are they not?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where is it on my 6+ then? Can't use yet as they seem to have missed my 4 debit cards almost deliberately. Lloyds, TSB, Barclays & Nationwide are no go are they not?

In passbook (or wallet if you're running iOS 9 beta). Nationwide should work.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
No one used an iphone to pay in my shops today. Maybe tomorrow.
God help the first person who tries to use one at the Amex in front of me and it doesn't work :censored:
God praise the first person who tries to use one at the Amex in front of me and it does work and I get served quicker:cool:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Nymi-paywith.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here