Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pay Back

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There are many Spurs fans - and perhaps many at the club - who don't care about ECL.
Fair enough - it's not like there'd be any space in their trophy cabinet.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
While waiting for the players pitch walk yesterday the general consensus among those that sit around me was that we’d all like Spurs to miss out on a European spot. Various reasons given.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember the Saints vs Spurs stitch up but beating those shitehousers of Villa and denying them European football would be far more satisfying to me than helping them get into Europe at Spurs expense. Remember their celebrations when they denied us the Championship title. Go there and stuff them lads :thumbsup:

That was then this is now, and on the dislike scale for me Villa pip Spurs

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Brentford did us a massive favour, we owe them one

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can we not start engineering things, please? We’re not guaranteed Europa League yet and playing silly buggers is the kind of nonsense that could bite us.

I’d much rather we smashed Villa, if that helps Spurs I don’t give a shit.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The team will be on the beach I think to be honest. The squad will be knackered, we’ve nursed several injuries, so long as we don’t totally collapse against City (which would be unlikely as they would be wanting to rest their own players more than us) and just see out the match against Villa, I’d rather just let us finish the rest of the season with some fond farewells to the old guard like Mac Allister and Caicedo and some chances for the younger players to have a shot. They’ve earned it after an absolutely fantastic season and whoever takes 7th (so long as it isn’t us!) kind of irrelevant to me. Though I’d hope we could deny Spurs any sort of European football next season if we could.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The team will be on the beach I think to be honest. The squad will be knackered, we’ve nursed several injuries, so long as we don’t totally collapse against City (which would be unlikely as they would be wanting to rest their own players more than us) and just see out the match against Villa, I’d rather just let us finish the rest of the season with some fond farewells to the old guard like Mac Allister and Caicedo and some chances for the younger players to have a shot. They’ve earned it after an absolutely fantastic season and whoever takes 7th (so long as it isn’t us!) kind of irrelevant to me. Though I’d hope we could deny Spurs any sort of European football next season if we could.
I don't think Roberto does 'just see out the match'..............................

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I don't think Roberto does 'just see out the match'..............................
I know Roberto won’t, but it’s also down to the players mentality, it’d be very hard to overturn that mindset and the hangover after securing European football. Though if there is one person who I think could do that, it’s RDZ.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know Roberto won’t, but it’s also down to the players mentality, it’d be very hard to overturn that mindset and the hangover after securing European football. Though if there is one person who I think could do that, it’s RDZ.
It's exactly 'mentality' that Roberto keeps banging on about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here