Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Watson - praise from Zamora

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Anyone else notice Zamoras fulsome praise for Paul Watson in todays programme saying that in his prime he had a better left foot that any current player in the premiership! I always felt he never really should have played at fullback but was really a midfielder. Much better than Currie ever was in my view with a much greater range of passing.

Inexplicably he seemed to forget how to strike a ball when playing in the championship. He`s still only 34 - perhaps we should give him a trial?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I hope the last sentence is a joke.

Cracking little interview with Bobby though. Says he wants to play for us again one day. :clap:

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
I hope the last sentence is a joke.

Cracking little interview with Bobby though. Says he wants to play for us again one day. :clap:

Was this the same "interview" that was on here a few weeks ago, if so could someone post a link as I really fancy reading it again.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I always thought that Watson should have been played in midfield.

the goal at Port Vale, if it been done by Beckham it would have been a perpetual repeat

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
the goal at Port Vale, if it been done by Beckham it would have been a perpetual repeat

Once we were promoted that ability deserted him - I'm sure it was some sort of mental blockage. I still have a mental picture of PC Goodey curling the ball from the right over the defenders for BZ to run onto and head into the corner.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone else notice Zamoras fulsome praise for Paul Watson in todays programme saying that in his prime he had a better left foot that any current player in the premiership! I always felt he never really should have played at fullback but was really a midfielder. Much better than Currie ever was in my view with a much greater range of passing.

I always thought that Watto was, after Zamora, the best player of the two promotion teams. A great passer of the ball, terrific at dead balls, a good defender and one of our most consistent players - it was a great mixture.

BTW, I don't think you mean fulsome - it means excessive, over-lavish, nauseating - that's not what the rest of the post indicates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here