Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Onuachu

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Looks decent but £30m is very steep for a player we have no idea whether he can cut it in the PL . Belgium league is not as physical or fast and he’s playing in a team creating lots of chances every game . £20m worth a risk .

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Thirty million euros is just under £26Mso less than £30M by a fair way though I'd be the first to state that it's not my money I'm risking

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we spend €30 on this one season wonder someone sack the the head of recruitment. Surely the way we play screams for a pacy quick footed forward like NG and not a 6ft 7 donkey.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
If we spend €30 on this one season wonder someone sack the the head of recruitment. Surely the way we play screams for a pacy quick footed forward like NG and not a 6ft 7 donkey.

I hope I've missed some obvious sarcasm?

This guy scores goals. 1 in 2 every season since 15/16. Can finish first time with both feet and scores headers from crosses, something none of our forwards do. Also holds the ball well, has pace and bring others in to play.

I have no expectation that we will sign him, but I think he is the absolutely perfect signing for us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting to see how flexible Genk are with this €30 mill price tag.

It is a lot for a 27 year old in one of Europe's mid ranking leagues. His stock will never be this high again. That said, he has scored a lot more than the likes of Wesley and Samatta did in Belgium before they joined Villa.

If we were to bid for the guy and he flops we would take a massive hit - a younger player could be loaned out to Turkey and you might get half your money back.

Imagine him lining up for a corner with Dunk, Burn and Webster. I fancy he would be a fun player to watch.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I hope I've missed some obvious sarcasm?

This guy scores goals. 1 in 2 every season since 15/16. Can finish first time with both feet and scores headers from crosses, something none of our forwards do. Also holds the ball well, has pace and bring others in to play.

I have no expectation that we will sign him, but I think he is the absolutely perfect signing for us.
In a Hughton team I would agree with you.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’ve never seen this guy play, but it looks like he’s had one good season at the age of 27, in a league of questionable quality. And yet people want him more than Eduoard, who’s younger and scored a lot of goals every season of his career. What am I missing?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I’ve never seen this guy play, but it looks like he’s had one good season at the age of 27, in a league of questionable quality. And yet people want him more than Eduoard, who’s younger and scored a lot of goals every season of his career. What am I missing?

Looking at his stats, he’s had one very good season last year and three previous seasons of pretty good returns (roughly 1 in every 2).
But get the point about questionable league quality - Denmark and Belgium not the best.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks decent but £30m is very steep for a player we have no idea whether he can cut it in the PL . Belgium league is not as physical or fast and he’s playing in a team creating lots of chances every game . £20m worth a risk .

He'd be coming to a team that create lots of chances every game......

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't think Welbeck will be back. His contract expires in 12 days and that will be that.

I just think with his experience we know what he can offer (regardless of niggling injuries) whereas most of these names being touted about (just like Nunez last summer) are really expensive gambles whereas as with Welbeck, less so.

Also I'm concerned that no one seems worried about the near £70m loss from the season before last (which apparently is likely to be higher for the season just gone) and we have to reduce our losses. Yes, we all want new faces to come in but it wouldn't surprise me if this summer replicates last summer with the exception of a few player sales going out of the club.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Agree with you.

I think the issue is for whatever reason we can’t get Eduoard. This guy is the market we’re in.

I do question if this report is BS though, he doesn’t fit our model at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here