[TV] Paul O’Grady - RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
RIP

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I loved Paul O Grady, as Lily Savage on Blankety Blank, his radio programme and his work with Battersea Dog Home. I also read his autobiography. This news isn’t surprising as he’s had a lot of heart problems but is still upsetting.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Don’t think he was even ill . Big shock . He was clearly a funny man and by all accounts a very nice one . Rip

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sad news to wake up to, came across as a loving caring man. RIP Paul

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Peter Tatchell on GMB just saying what a kind person he was.
but capable of biting wit with the Lily Savage persona.
A decent man.
He was very quick witted as well as funny.
In the height of the AIDS scare, he was onstage in a gay revue bar (Vauxhall) when the police raided it, wearing rubber gloves. He immediately quipped, Well, it looks like we’ve got help with the washing up’.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
God that's shocking. Only 67. I can't say I was a massive fan but there was nothing to dislike and as others have said, he obviously entertained a large number of people through his drag act and his dog programme.

Sad to hear. RIP.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Very sad news - always enjoyed his TV & radio shows.

When my youngest was about 5/6 he was a bit of a tearaway & a live-wire but, on a Sunday evening, he used to get into his PJ's, draw the curtains, climb into bed, and listen to POG's R2 show for a couple of hours on his little portable radio. He loved it, and it was literally the only thing that would calm him down and give us some quiet time.

So, thank you Paul O'Grady...wonderful man with a big heart 🙏

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here