Paul McShane earns a reputed £18,000 per week

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Snippets from Hull Daily Mail:

A permanent move from Sunderland in the summer of 2009 saw the defender sign a four-year deal worth a reported £18,000 a week and he would need to take a significant pay cut to remain in East Yorkshire, if the Tigers were to miss out on promotion.

... A first City start for nine months came in the 3-2 loss to Blackpool in October and he has grasped the nettle to become an integral part of the Tigers' promotion bid.

... His form has won acclaim on the terraces and he will assured of a warm reception when he returns to Brighton this evening.
As a 19-year-old McShane spent the 2005-06 season on loan with the Seagulls from Manchester United, winning the Player of the Year prize in his breakthrough campaign. Much has changed for Brighton since their time at the Withdean Stadium and so too for McShane, according to Bruce.

... For his part Paul McShane says I owe everything to Brighton and my best moment in football was scoring the winning goal at Crystal Palace in October 2005 (er, may not be true)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think he'll get a "warm" reception. I'm completely meh about him.

Has never developed into the calibre of defender he once promised to be. He didn't actually score that goal against Palace, it was an own goal. Do that many people really care about him enough to give him a round of applause? I don't dislike the guy, I just couldn't give a toss about him.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
football fans cant wait for a good clap these days, clapping everything.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way, I wasn't suggesting he deserves to be booed or anything.

Feb 14, 2010
No wonder the game is f***ed when an average Championship defender is on 18k a week

True and just think how much we have been paying Vicente, a player that has hardly played for a season and a half. If however Vicente does pull his finger out and gets us promotion then his wages will have been well spent. If he continues to do almost nothing then I would hate to think how much we have wasted on him.

There are some things in life that warrant allowances being made for pretty much any misdemeanour. Scoring the winning goal for the Albion (or even forcing an own goal, if Edna is right) at Selhurst is one of them.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
True and just think how much we have been paying Vicente, a player that has hardly played for a season and a half. If however Vicente does pull his finger out and gets us promotion then his wages will have been well spent. If he continues to do almost nothing then I would hate to think how much we have wasted on him.

Earned his wages today :bowdown:
btw i think the noise made when he came on tells its own tale
There are an awful lot of people who can see what this guy can bring to the team
Just enjoy having a player of his quality in the stripes However much he may or may not contribute for the rest of his time here
Hopefully a lot more good stuff to come

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

You know what we are paying Vicente? How much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports