Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Lambert appointed new Blackburn manager

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One thing I will say for Venky's, (about the only thing), is that they did give Bowyer a fair crack of the whip, including a short stint as caretaker he had managed Blackburn for almost exactly two and a half years. Not many managers get that long to create a winning team there days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One thing I will say for Venky's, (about the only thing), is that they did give Bowyer a fair crack of the whip, including a short stint as caretaker he had managed Blackburn for almost exactly two and a half years. Not many managers get that long to create a winning team there days.

That is over what I read as the average period expectancy of management for a championship manager. Can not remember the exact details but think it was about 18 months.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That is over what I read as the average period expectancy of management for a championship manager. Can not remember the exact details but think it was about 18 months.

Yep, something like that I think. There was a strong rumour going the rounds, that they had sacked him following there defeat at the Amex early in the season, but they kept faith in him for a few months longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here