Paul Heaton at the Duke of Welly Shoreham tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Anyone lucky enough to bag tickets for the Heaton gig at the Duke tonight? Should be a cracking evening with old Housemartins tunes scattered amongst some excellent new stuff. What odds Norm popping in to pick up his bass for Me and the Farmer?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Lucky.
Is a class act.

Even in the very early days, this was amazing and different to what anyone else was producing:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Anyone lucky enough to bag tickets for the Heaton gig at the Duke tonight? Should be a cracking evening with old Housemartins tunes scattered amongst some excellent new stuff. What odds Norm popping in to pick up his bass for Me and the Farmer?

I was in there last week and didn't notice any posters for it (I had forgotten about it). I did see a band in there last Thurs who played loads of 50s R&R stuff - not really my cup of tea, but they did do a Stevie Ray Vaughan track which pleased me.

I have played in there a number of times with bands, but not for a long time.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
FWIW - The duke these days is much more like what it used to be in atmosphere and music. Back in the day, it was bands on in there several nights a week, then when the landlord (Malcolm) sold it, it became very sterile in there, no atmos at all - and I don't think they had any, or much music. Is now very much like it used to be - and the better or it.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I love the Welly, it's one of my favorite pubs. Gutted to not get some tickets for tonight - my Mum and Dad are massive Beautiful South fans and would love to have seen him

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
popping down there later
Norm will be there for Me and the Farmer and White Man in Hammersmith Palais

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm going to his concert at The Barbican in a couple of weeks.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I was in there last week and didn't notice any posters for it (I had forgotten about it). I did see a band in there last Thurs who played loads of 50s R&R stuff - not really my cup of tea, but they did do a Stevie Ray Vaughan track which pleased me.

I have played in there a number of times with bands, but not for a long time.

I Think That was Micky Hart and the Hartbreakers

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Didn't make it myself, but my mates run the pub and by all accounts it was an awesome night.
Top night and one to file away under the heading of lucky to be there. We'll never see the Housemartins reform, so seeing 50% of them in a pub will more than do. The new stuff from Heaton is superb and it was good to see the Duke rocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports