Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Hayward Article On Potter

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With his perspectives and ideology it would be really, really good for the future of football if Potter finds success. I think taking care of the minds of your players are going to be considered equally important to taking care of their feet and Potter is a pioneer in that sense. When/if I get kids, I want them to be coached by someone looking up to him rather than i.e. Mourinho. Really hope he finds great success at Brighton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good post. From what we're seeing of him so far he does seem to fit very well with the club philosophy..........................as posted above, he is a bit Hughton-like, in a good way, displaying some of the same humanistic qualities.

D

Deleted member 2719

Tony Bloom wants more from his academy. We now have a team in place to give them the opportunity, Bloom, Ashworth and Potter could be an all-time dream team.

I am personally in 7th heaven, thinking about what sort of team we can become.

The one addition I would like is a Vicente type of signing.

#excitingtimesahead

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He needs to smarten up a bit. He's a Premier League manager now. He needs a haircut, get some designer stubble, a sun tan and start wearing nice suits (with no tie).

D

Deleted member 2719

He needs to smarten up a bit. He's a Premier League manager now. He needs a haircut, get some designer stubble, a sun tan and start wearing nice suits (with no tie).

I would be happy if he was wearing Wendy's tracksuit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

PA_93466296-8803-4dc7-b980-c1f3c647470f_20190613175504-1024x657.jpg

I agree. Like the new Swansea manager.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Tony Bloom wants more from his academy. We now have a team in place to give them the opportunity, Bloom, Ashworth and Potter could be an all-time dream team.

I am personally in 7th heaven, thinking about what sort of team we can become.

The one addition I would like is a Vicente type of signing.

#excitingtimesahead

I agree it all sounds like a project is coming together with some capable people funding it and steering it. Definitely an exciting new phase.

I guess the test could be, what happens if the results don't come quickly and we find ourselves in real relegation danger soon after Christmas?

Do we hold the nerve and have faith that the wider project can withstand relegation and that eventually we'll come good and bounce back?

Or at that point does Tony have to face financial realities and instal an Allardyce/Pulis-type manager to preserve PL status at all costs?

Going to be a very interesting season I suspect.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sounds like a nice fella, never doubted he would be tbh.

It's a results business though, so we start from a blank sheet of paper in terms of how good he is. Only time will tell.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

No, I want him to be his own man, not to conform to a norm, or a stereotype.

Personally, I'd love him to have his own look, something no-one else does. A fine selection of Hawaiian shirts would be a tremendous look.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree it all sounds like a project is coming together with some capable people funding it and steering it. Definitely an exciting new phase.

I guess the test could be, what happens if the results don't come quickly and we find ourselves in real relegation danger soon after Christmas?

Do we hold the nerve and have faith that the wider project can withstand relegation and that eventually we'll come good and bounce back?

Or at that point does Tony have to face financial realities and instal an Allardyce/Pulis-type manager to preserve PL status at all costs?

Going to be a very interesting season, I suspect.

I know you are thinking ahead, but Potter and his men will have to change the mentality of his players as well as the systems we have played under Hughton.
He has only had a few weeks, I look at this as a more extended project if we are struggling in January maybe he will bolster us with the odd signing. You never know how many injuries could be thrown up, but we do have lots of youngster eager to show their worth.

Can't wait.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you are thinking ahead, but Potter and his men will have to change the mentality of his players as well as the systems we have played under Hughton.
He has only had a few weeks, I look at this as a more extended project if we are struggling in January maybe he will bolster us with the odd signing. You never know how many injuries could be thrown up, but we do have lots of youngster eager to show their worth.

Can't wait.

The thing is it's a 2 way street.

It's not as if he's forcing them to change their mentality, there's a massive incentive to get on board asap.

Sure 3 at the back might induce some 'moments' as they settle in, but beyond that they ought to be raring to go.

Which will make a change!!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

The thing is it's a 2 way street.

It's not as if he's forcing them to change their mentality, there's a massive incentive to get on board asap.

Sure 3 at the back might induce some 'moments' as they settle in, but beyond that they ought to be raring to go.

Which will make a change!!!!

I agree that there is an incentive, I also mean in-game management really, will the players be scared to venture once they go 1 nil up, even if told otherwise, because of the past 4 years?

Looking forward to seeing how they all respond.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No, I want him to be his own man, not to conform to a norm, or a stereotype.

Personally, I'd love him to have his own look, something no-one else does. A fine selection of Hawaiian shirts would be a tremendous look.

I'm thinking maybe cowboy boots?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
PA_93466296-8803-4dc7-b980-c1f3c647470f_20190613175504-1024x657.jpg

I agree. Like the new Swansea manager.

Blimey he looks like an extra from Twin Town.

Let’s be honest CH sartorial elegance was all well and good but beneath the Saville Row suits was a complete and total MADMAN who knew no bounds of effervescent self expression so if GP is a tracksuit toting gunslinger who keeps his COOL then I’m down with that.

Back OT the article was very good but one would expect a journalist such as PH as a supporter would fact check the reference to a possible Dunk departure.

This is the only article that makes me worry Webster is a Dunk replacement.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm thinking maybe cowboy boots?

Stetson, he will need a Stetson and maybe a tassled leather waistcoat (to trump that old fashioned one Southgate wears)

Any of you computer whizzos able to give us a look at how it would suit him with some computer wizardry?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Can't wait.

Early (albeit limited) evidence suggests he's doing this. Big Jurg looks like a different player altogether - not just on the pitch but much positivity coming from him. Could be propaganda but the public/social media stuff coming from the players generally makes it seem like they have a new lease of life. Big test will be a run of poor performances/crap results which is bound to happen at some point

On NSC of course 10 bad minutes at the start vs Watford and the #Potterout thread will be up and running (if it hasn't started an hour before kick off when the starting 11 is announced)

D

Deleted member 2719

Early (albeit limited) evidence suggests he's doing this. Big Jurg looks like a different player altogether - not just on the pitch but much positivity coming from him. Could be propaganda but the public/social media stuff coming from the players generally makes it seem like they have a new lease of life. Big test will be a run of poor performances/crap results which is bound to happen at some point

On NSC of course 10 bad minutes at the start vs Watford and the #Potterout thread will be up and running (if it hasn't started an hour before kick off when the starting 11 is announced)

I have always felt Big J showed glimpses particularly when he was being direct, but I didn't see him enough to fully judge.

Can't wait to see them and I feel at last Murray will have some much-needed support when he is used.

Every chance he could net a few more this year with fewer performances, assuming injuries stay away.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have always felt Big J showed glimpses particularly when he was being direct, but I didn't see him enough to fully judge.

Can't wait to see them and I feel at last Murray will have some much-needed support when he is used.

Every chance he could net a few more this year with fewer performances, assuming injuries stay away.

Agreed.......if I could be arsed I'd look up what I posted after his first appearance or two but feel much the same. Very interested to see what kind of footballer emerges when given a proper chance in the right position and formation.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Agreed.......if I could be arsed I'd look up what I posted after his first appearance or two but feel much the same. Very interested to see what kind of footballer emerges when given a proper chance in the right position and formation.

It's a win win for most fans. Those who thought they were rubbish will be right if big J plus others don't perform in a new system with a new manager and should be cleared out by the end of January.
Those that think they will excel under the new regime ........well will be right and delighted when they do.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here