Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Paul Farbrace - New Sussex coach

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm reliably informed TMS have just broken this news, nothing official from the club yet though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• Sussex_Coaches_Leyland_Tiger_-_Flickr_-_sludgegulper.jpg
    Sussex_Coaches_Leyland_Tiger_-_Flickr_-_sludgegulper.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sussex have done well I think. Apparently he wanted to be nearer to his Kent based family so this would have helped us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wow that’s a top appointment, he‘s got some good raw talent to work with. Hopefully he’ll be able to translate some of that talent into a few wins.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Excellent appointment. Only 8 months into a large scale process of change at Hove under new Chair and signs are encouraging.

Widespread sacking of long-serving club employees was never possible or desirable in quick time. But change in the big roles is now evident.

Keith Greenfield might revert to something closer to his proven strengths (young player and club cricket development). Rob Andrew seems to be being given a chance to prove his worth in the new structure.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He'll be able to keep a close eye on his stepson, that's for sure :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ollie Robinson

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
After the last few years we’ve had in red ball cricket, it can’t exactly get much worse.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good appointment on paper, but this does some what remind me of Spurs slightly, get a top coach in and then the questions are over backing him in getting players in that can help improve the team.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Good appointment on paper, but this does some what remind me of Spurs slightly, get a top coach in and then the questions are over backing him in getting players in that can help improve the team.
In fairness we’ve already confirmed Pujara for next season who I can’t imagine is very cheap.

He’s far too good for division two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here