Paul Clement - dark horse

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Albion fans have been told it would be “very difficult” for the club to bring in Paul Clement as their new boss.

But Carlo Ancelotti would have the final say IF the Seagulls wanted his assistant at Real Madrid to replace Oscar Garcia in charge.

Albion continue to be linked with Ancelotti’s trusted tactical expert as he helps Madrid prepare for the Champions League final against cross-city rivals Atletico on Saturday."

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I wont be unhappy if hes unavailable, why do people want him ?

He has a decent CV but have you even heard him speak to form an opinion ?

I have, he talks a good game. I would still rather we went with experience this time though

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Easy to get romantic about a manager purely based on the size of club he's working at but let's be honest the majoirty of us know nothing about him. In fact had his name been mentioned on here 6 weeks ago 90% of the board wouldn't even without cheating be able to tell you who he is and what he does.

As he's never been a manager he's not got any weaknesses to speak of so people can talk up his potential. To me it is a big risk, but we know Bloom is a gambler so wouldn't be surprised if he's on our shortlist.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
[video]talksexclusive-clement-rules-out-morata-and-coentrao-real-madrid-exits-14011375460port.com/football/[/video]

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To be fair Karl Robinson at MK Dons talks very eloquantly about football and his principles and judging on that alone he'd be an attractive proposition however his record at MK Dons with one of the biggest budgets in that league tells you a different story.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Weren't we getting hints from a number of ITK people on here that we'd have a new manager by now, or very, very soon?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Weren't we getting hints from a number of ITK people on here that we'd have a new manager by now, or very, very soon?

No, the longer it goes on the more likely it's him, and it might be all sorted but everyone needs to keep schtum til after the CL final (hopefully)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Easy to get romantic about a manager purely based on the size of club he's working at but let's be honest the majoirty of us know nothing about him. In fact had his name been mentioned on here 6 weeks ago 90% of the board wouldn't even without cheating be able to tell you who he is and what he does.

As he's never been a manager he's not got any weaknesses to speak of so people can talk up his potential. To me it is a big risk, but we know Bloom is a gambler so wouldn't be surprised if he's on our shortlist.

If you wanted to re-employ someone that has worked for you before and since that time has flourished then you may not think it's a 'big risk' at all!?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If you wanted to re-employ someone that has worked for you before and since that time has flourished then you may not think it's a 'big risk' at all!?

When has he worked for us before?? Also the first team manager is a completely different role to those he's had before. It's definitely a risk but life is sometimes about taking risks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, the longer it goes on the more likely it's him, and it might be all sorted but everyone needs to keep schtum til after the CL final (hopefully)

Could've sworn a few had suggested we've had someone lined up "for weeks". If it's Clement, the delay would make sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports