Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber's response to NSC's response to the recent FAQs

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I like the idea of a NSC forum at the AMEX. Can my name tag read "I'm BensGrandad and so is my wife" please.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
"Anyway, as ever, happy to engage further in this way or, as I've offered several times, to do an exclusive NSC members' forum at the Amex. I'll be the "headmaster" or the "gofer" - and the audience can wear badges with their NSC user names so I can answer individual questions or points any wishes to raise with the "headmaster" face to face...!"

Now, that would be very amusing :laugh:

Wouldn't it just

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I like the idea of this NSC forum – I see it a bit like Question Time (with questions vetted beforehand) where [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is Dimbleby, PB and TB are there to do the proper answers, PPF/Rev could speak for the 'opposition', Timmy could be the token 'journalist' and A.N. Other (maybe one of Crodo's 'Most famous supporters'?) could be the wildcard/random member of the panel.

All streamed live via Seagull Player for £5 a pop (free access code for all NSC members) – it's a winner!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
"Anyway, as ever, happy to engage further in this way or, as I've offered several times, to do an exclusive NSC members' forum at the Amex. I'll be the "headmaster" or the "gofer" - and the audience can wear badges with their NSC user names so I can answer individual questions or points any wishes to raise with the "headmaster" face to face...!"

Now, that would be very amusing :laugh:

I have a supply of books available for the naughty boys

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you turned up, you'd be one of the half a dozen who would bother.

That sentence was merely the set up for the punchline which followed. There are lots of opportunities for fans to attend fora/meetings arranged by the club; no need for one dedicated to NSC users, imo.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
While I know i wasn't the onky moaner, I feel like that is almost a post entirely aimed at me, blimey.

Think Barber should stick to his main job that he's very good at, rather than try and score points with tags like the "headmaster".

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PB is a very good communicator. Always been impressed with the way he articulates things, bearing in mind the range of people in our fan base he has to talk to.

And PB must be equally impressed by the way he gets instant industrial strength customer feedback from NSC in a way he would struggle to achieve otherwise. And he knows full well that any individual essay response to an NSC member will find it's way on to here- and subsequently into his copious programme notes. Everybody wins! And as for sweeping up after the Lord Mayor's Show on here, well he's always got his Junior Minister Of Information to fall back on.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Paul Barber really is a first rate CEO. I think we are lucky to have him

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
While I know i wasn't the onky moaner, I feel like that is almost a post entirely aimed at me, blimey.

Think Barber should stick to his main job that he's very good at, rather than try and score points with tags like the "headmaster".

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

To be fair, I think this recent communication hit the right tone. I think it's funny and slightly mischievous when he quotes people. He quoted my "blathering on" comment previously but did so in a very disarming amusing way. I don't always agree with him but he has a sense of humour which I like.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, I think this recent communication hit the right tone. I think it's funny and slightly mischievous when he quotes people. He quoted my "blathering on" comment previously but did so in a very disarming amusing way. I don't always agree with him but he has a sense of humour which I like.

I'm surprised he didn't make reference to my comment about how he's wasting so much of his time dealing with pissy pants supporters.

We all know he wants too. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here