Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber

Jimmy Grimble

The only Albion employee I can think of who has turned people’s opinion around like he has is Guy Butters! Even that’s probably not on the same scale.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He's quite often on the Jim White show on Talk radio as well. I think he enjoys the spotlight.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good luck to him but by making himself available for so many interviews he does increases his profile and am sure that is what he wants to achieve. Wouldnt be surprised if has eye on top PL or FA job as next step.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think he likes the autonomy he gets with us. Seems a good bloke with generally good ideas. I do wonder as CEO of the PL would be something he would have less control over and less chance to implement the sort of change it needs. He’d be good for it but he’d end up tearing his hair out.

Possibly more of a narketing jolly, travelling to meet potential sponsors, selling the PL to media companies.

Unlike the FA, the PL does always appear to be a very silky smooth operation, 20 members with a common goal. Even now, other than the neutral stadia issue for PB, our shite-stirring media haven’t got wind of much at all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good luck to him but by making himself available for so many interviews he does increases his profile and am sure that is what he wants to achieve. Wouldnt be surprised if has eye on top PL or FA job as next step.

As he has proved so often to us, he is very approachable unlike many of the aloof CEO's of most clubs. As a club image this normally comes over as a positive thing, in this instance due to the need for "headlines" by some media this could backfire.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He is a very impressive bloke.

Hate to say it, but I can see him leaving us for a bigger job soon.

He’s already turned down Liverpool, worked at Spurs and for the FA.

This. He wouldn’t have quite the same profile at a bigger club, nor the same power I doubt. He’s also Dep Chairman here. Tony clearly (and rightly) rates him very highly. They make a great team.

The Liverpool offer was why Tony made him Deputy Chairman.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I heard him om R5. He impressed the hell out of Ian Wright who practically proposed to him on the spot.

Clearly a very bright guy (Barber not Wrighty).

I have noticed that Ian Wright is now doing a very poor job of disliking all things Albion. I think he quite likes us these days

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Barber has been absolutely brilliant for the profile of the club.

The media love interviewing him because he's such good value. Every time he's in the public eye BHAFC is mentioned. They're not going to the CEO of Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He deserves his own thread. Listening to him on R5 now, we are a very fortunate club to have him as chief executive. :bowdown:

We are getting a fair bit of negative comments on his view on playing remaining games in neutral grounds and the integrity.
Most saying he just wants to avoid relegation - which is fair enough. In all honesty, we do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are getting a fair bit of negative comments on his view on playing remaining games in neutral grounds and the integrity.
Most saying he just wants to avoid relegation - which is fair enough. In all honesty, we do.

Indeed. But that was pretty much dealt with on R5 last night. I suspect all these bonkers neutral ground schemes and related will all be kicked into touch very quickly. It doesn't surprise me that shit-stirring journos, and whiney supporters of the likes of Burnley will winge about Barber 'only' wanting to avoid Brighton being unfairly relegated due to loss of home advantage. Likewise they are 'only' saying that to earn money as a journo, or because it suits their club better to finish the season come what may (back garden penalty shoot outs is my favourite of the numerous suggestions).

Hope you're staying safe, old fellah. I'll confess to feeling the occasional fear, what with being another (slightly younger, I suspect) older fellah. :bigwave:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Indeed. But that was pretty much dealt with on R5 last night. I suspect all these bonkers neutral ground schemes and related will all be kicked into touch very quickly. It doesn't surprise me that shit-stirring journos, and whiney supporters of the likes of Burnley will winge about Barber 'only' wanting to avoid Brighton being unfairly relegated due to loss of home advantage. Likewise they are 'only' saying that to earn money as a journo, or because it suits their club better to finish the season come what may (back garden penalty shoot outs is my favourite of the numerous suggestions).

Hope you're staying safe, old fellah. I'll confess to feeling the occasional fear, what with being another (slightly younger, I suspect) older fellah. :bigwave:

Staying indoors apart from 2 ventures out on the motorbike (Shush)

So far Malta has done very well and has got the numbers under control.
Non essential shops were allowed to open from yesterday.
Covid 19.PNG

Not so much of the old fella either :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I find it hard that people don't understand that PB's job is protecting the interests of BHAFC and not The Premier League. He's a first rate Chairman and we're lucky to have him.

Just imagine though, you've paid a King's ransom for a Northern powerhouse club suffering an abysmal industry reputation, have an awful relationship with the fans and seem to have a poor commercial record ..... who would you call?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here