Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber press conference 10am 21.05.24 live on youtube

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I got served a bottle with the top on Sunday. Whoop!
In the middle of the WSU it looked like the kids behind the counters were not taking the bottle tops off. When people were taking the bottles up to their seat, the steward at the top of the stairs was then taking the bottle tops off of them - his pocket must have been full by kick off.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ok, so to summarise:

1 - No news yet on the monorail. Hoping to hear from the council soon.
2 - The new upper tier on the North Stand won't be ready for next season.
3 - Wouldn't be drawn on the rumour that Barcelona are in for Ansu Fati.
Anything about why we don't leave a man right up the pitch when defending a corner?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A few things I noticed:

1. He let out a sigh when asked about McKenna, and sidestepped it by saying many names had been mentioned.
2. When asked if RDZ has got the skills to manage a top club, he began by listing RDZ's skills, and then said something like 'handling the pressure is a different test'.
3. When asked about the detail of the disagreement with RDZ, he closed down the question, giving reasons why he wasn't going to answer it.

He continues to be a very good communicator.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Was it?

Didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know and he answered every question like a politician. Not that I'm surprised about that it's Barber after all.

If you are thinking of watching it save yourself 15 minutes of your life and don't bother.
On the basis of the above i won’t then, however i’ve just wasted the very same 15 minutes reading the ‘Who’s bigger Brighton or Ipswich thread’

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was it?

Didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know and he answered every question like a politician. Not that I'm surprised about that it's Barber after all.

If you are thinking of watching it save yourself 15 minutes of your life and don't bother.
True. But in some respects the questions are daft. Will he divulge any info about McKenna?? Of course he won’t. Same with RDZ demands.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Was it?

It fully maintained the cordial nature of this situation and showed Roberto the respect he deserved. It's done now and we move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here