Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber on the Men in Blazers podcast

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Fantastic podcast - thank you for posting it.

The big takeaway for me is PBOBE saying:

‘You need people to believe in order to support the athletes on the field . .. You need that alignment for the athletes to have any chance of success …Secondly you need that momentum that alignment gives because every time you have a setback the alignment allows you to overcome it quickly to build resilience from It to become stronger not weaker’.

It also comes across how much RDZ is admired and respected by the Club for not just his skills (‘one of the best managers in the World’ ) but for his tenacity and ambition - So lucky to have such an articulate and talented CEO who is as dedicated to the Club and wants us to keep improving as much as Tony does (and RDZ!) - alignment!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
He talks a good game. And he's successful, so there's clearly something to it. My reservation about what he says is that it can be very abstract, and must hide a lot of what he actually does. I bet every football club Chief Exec says "alignment" is vital, but it's what you put in place that matters, isn't it?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I met Paul Barber a few months ago with my daughter. She described him as a very approachable and pleasant chap - but definitely not one to cross. Probably a fair assessment I’d say.

Are you certain?

sick phil GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here