Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber on radio Sussex

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Err... American Express shirt sponsor deal, Nike kit deal etc. Just wait for account so next year, will have got BHAFC in the black I'm sure.

A CEO has three main duties and PB without doubt fulfills one of those extremely well, "communication".

The second of these tasks is to make sure that the best possible people are employed in positions of responsibility - for example the transport manager.

Thirdly to direct the club in such a way as to maximise the profits, (or in the case of BHAFC, minimise the losses) - maybe the large increase in losses over the last two financial years was the best that could be achieved.

I'm certainly don't agree with your assertion though that he will have BHAFC in the black next year!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Err... American Express shirt sponsor deal, Nike kit deal etc. Just wait for account so next year, will have got BHAFC in the black I'm sure.

BHAFC will not be in the black next year, it will be a few years before we are in the black for operations in a year, many, many more before the club is truly in the black.

Feb 14, 2010
Interesting to see the press have picked up on the point that Brighton get 28,000 for Yeovil at home in the Championship and with the ground holding only 30,000 then should Brighton go up, the demand in the premier league will vastly exceed demand. Therefore prices will as a result go up unless they increase capacity. 30,000 is just far too small for Brighton in the top flight, it only just about is big enough for second tier football.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
BHAFC will not be in the black next year, it will be a few years before we are in the black for operations in a year, many, many more before the club is truly in the black.

I'm prepared to accept that I might have gone too far with that last point, although I expect losses to have greatly reduced.

Feb 14, 2010
You been out of the country for the last 18 months?

I think he means that everyone from manager to chief executive will be judged on whether they manage to fulfil Brighton's potential as many Brighton fans have had enough of having a large support but no success. Whether you agree or whether its unfair on Barber is probably not the point. The sentiment is there and well I suppose its fair enough. Charlie Webb in 1910 was last time the club won a major trophy. A well supported lower league club is what I have always supported but these days people would like some jam with their bread and butter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here