Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber in the High Performance podcast

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Normally give this podcast a wide berth, but will make an exception for this 👍 good timing on the release

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Apologies if fixtures but just came across this interview from the High Performance group with our very own Paul Barber.

Pretty recent and very interesting to understand a bit more of what goes on behind the scenes at the club, especially involving when Potter went and RDZ came in.

Well worth a watch in my view.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I LOL'd at this bit.

"My biggest strength? A willingness to communicate..."

(FYI: He doesn't mention bottletops)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Listened to this last night. I know I poke fun at Barber’s “willingness to communicate” but I do find him very interesting to listen to.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I really hate Jake Humphrey and anything he appears in. However, love listening to PB on anything Albion related. In order for me to undertake this ordeal he will have had to said something he hasn't already said (is that possible!?) in other interviews. Anything revelatory?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why is Humphrey wearing a massive coat in-doors? It looks odd.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I tried listening to it last night but it just felt too like being stuck on a Teams meeting at work. I instinctively started thinking about microwave noodles and some of my professional life choices.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I really hate Jake Humphrey and anything he appears in. However, love listening to PB on anything Albion related. In order for me to undertake this ordeal he will have had to said something he hasn't already said (is that possible!?) in other interviews. Anything revelatory?
Not revelatory as such, but some really interesting insight into dealings with Potter and De Zerbi, and how the club is run as a whole. I'd recommend it, PB does most of the talking. I did only listen to it as a podcast though, not watch it.

Think a few people on the latest Potter thread would find it difficult listening, as PB clearly still holds him in high esteem and didn't feel bitter about him leaving.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I just listened to the Paul Barber edition of the High Performance podcast hosted by Jake Humphrey.

Humphrey is annoyingly over earnest and likes the sound of his own voice way too much but the Paul Barber content is excellent.

He talks in great detail about the club and how we do it and gives real insight into what happened with Potter exit and RDZ appointment.

A couple of headlines:

He was clearly hugely disappointed in Bruno and Roberts leaving as they had been pencilled in as the contingency if Potter left.

He also makes it clear the club is very open with where people stand in terms of succession and contingency which to me means what Bruno and Roberts did is cast in an even worse light as they knew they were our back up option. Also makes Potter look worse as he would have known that also and took them anyway.

There’s a great anecdote about him struggling to get Lallana on the phone the first morning he was ‘taking the team’ and then discovering it was because Lallana and Crofts were already at the training ground setting up the session. He speaks very highly of Lallana.

Has anyone else heard this? If not I strongly recommend you give it a listen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here