Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Next season with manager and CEO We need players of the season !! Top Goalscorer of Championship !!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just wish we had a football man running the club and not a bean counter.

Really should know better than to feed a troll, but, I'll bite...

1. Barber is 'running the club' in so far as he is the man at the top. He's universally lauded as being very good at this job.

2. In what respect do you consider him to not be 'a football man'? Along with being well qualified for his actual role, he has an entire career's experience in the football industry.

3. Oh, you mean understanding of the actual game? Well, he also has all his coaching badges.

4. Genuinely, who did you have in mind, to run a football BUSINESS, with an eight figure budget? Kerry Mayo? Gary Hart?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Really should know better than to feed a troll, but, I'll bite...

1. Barber is 'running the club' in so far as he is the man at the top. He's universally lauded as being very good at this job.

2. In what respect do you consider him to not be 'a football man'? Along with being well qualified for his actual role, he has an entire career's experience in the football industry.

3. Oh, you mean understanding of the actual game? Well, he also has all his coaching badges.

4. Genuinely, who did you have in mind, to run a football BUSINESS, with an eight figure budget? Kerry Mayo? Gary Hart?

Top post!

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The only measure of SUCCESS is on the pitch and so last season rates as a FAILURE for EVERYONE including Barber

129-26(1).jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The only measure of SUCCESS is on the pitch and so last season rates as a FAILURE for EVERYONE including Barber

Is that it? I thought Friday was the day for your tiresome comedy horseshit routine? Have you finally given up?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cracking Fella that Barber Chap. Well done Paul !

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'll have to admit I haven't always. There was a point when it looked like we were recruiting yes men and poor players and I genuinely wondered about the strategy. Have to say I've done a 180 though and am more Barber In than ever. I will always judge a leader by how his team performs and a football club by results on the pitch and how the fans are treated off it. Based on all of those it's a well deserved award.
I suppose that's the danger of having a director of football. Budgets are set by CEOs and recruitment traditionally dealt by the manager. As such, the DoF's role gets overlooked between two very important positions, which cloaks their failures.

As soon as Burke came, the ship begun to sail in any direction. He goes, we're back on track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here