Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber and Chelsea's need for a DOF

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Even if potter doesnt go you would have to think that Paul Barber would be pretty high up on Chelsea's list. The athletic have commented a lot on Paul barbers good relationship with Todd Boehly.

Would seem like a perfect fit especially if potter goes?

Thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Even if potter doesnt go you would have to think that Paul Barber would be pretty high up on Chelsea's list. The athletic have commented a lot on Paul barbers good relationship with Todd Boehly.

Thoughts ?

No, I don't want to think about that as well, I have too much on my mind right now.

I do not want to think about the whole backroom staff programme and ethos disintegrating as well thanks....

Nope too bloody late, thanks for that.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Barbs is more of the 'business' side than the football side.

D/Chairman of BHAFC to DofF of Chelsea? No way for me.

Plus isn't he a Spuds fan?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Thoughts ?

Sooooo ... You know Paul Barber isn't actually a Director of Football?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Thoughts ?

Yes please. Pretty please. But never going to happen as Barber doesn't have the skillsets to be a DOF.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What a strange thread.

A business leader who is also a deputy chairman of a PL team to move and become a director of football.

Hmmmmm I’m not sure what you’ve been taking

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Given Barbers role has absolutely no correlation with a DOF I think we’re pretty safe on that one

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just 2 different roles. At Albion his role is just to increase income which would not be the case at Chelsea

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Everyone else has run out the door for more cash why not if offered. Absolutely no loyalty in football apart from the supporters.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If Chelsea actually do need a Director of Football, they can go to Newcastle and offer Dan Ashworth £1 per week more than he's getting now and he'll take the job

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Everyone else has run out the door for more cash why not if offered. Absolutely no loyalty in football apart from the supporters.

Barber has now been with the Albion for over 10 years. Longer than many fans i'd suggest. (and he's of course not a Director of Football so the entire thread is moot or fishing etc. )

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Barber has now been with the Albion for over 10 years. Longer than many fans i'd suggest. (and he's of course not a Director of Football so the entire thread is moot or fishing etc. )

It's the longest he's been at any club I believe. He's also a board member as well as CEO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here