[Football] Patrick Bamford cancels Palace loan...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Bamford had a get out clause in his loan contract with Crystal palace, he was only contracted until January with an option for the second half of the season if both parties agreed, he has just activated his get out clause.

Publicly too which is the best part about it.

Pardew of old would have thrown the kitchen sink at Bamford in reply but now he and his advisors are grooming himself as the next England manager (with no hope of securing it IMO) he has to be all diplomatic and neutered.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Bamford had a get out clause in his loan contract with Crystal palace, he was only contracted until January with an option for the second half of the season if both parties agreed, he has just activated his get out clause.

100% correct.
The crucial part is BOTH parties must agree, so I would assume it's been agreed prior to Bamford telling the press.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Publicly too which is the best part about it.

Pardew of old would have thrown the kitchen sink at Bamford in reply but now he and his advisors are grooming himself as the next England manager (with no hope of securing it IMO) he has to be all diplomatic and neutered.

If Roy goes after the euros, what other English manager is a better bet then Pardew ?
As much as wouldn't like it to happen, and withstanding your blue and white specs, there's no doubt he is the leading English candidate for the job.
I personally think they'll go for a "named" foreign coach

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Forest fans on Twitter seem to think they have a good chance of landing him in January on loan.
As.far as I know with their embargo they can't pay loan fees and to fit within their wage cap they would have to negotiate Chelsea paying a big chunk of his wage when I'd imagine other clubs will be willing to cover a far larger percentage

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Forest fans on Twitter seem to think they have a good chance of landing him in January on loan.
As.far as I know with their embargo they can't pay loan fees and to fit within their wage cap they would have to negotiate Chelsea paying a big chunk of his wage when I'd imagine other clubs will be willing to cover a far larger percentage

No chance, he's off to Teeside

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Boro fan here, Bamford was superb for us last season after a slow start and starting in the wrong position for the first half of the season.HE is a quality player and I have no doubts about him being able to play in the premiership , he needs the right club and the opportunities on the pitch.

Any club that could secure his services for the second half of the season would have a diamond in the making, I hope daddy comes back to us but I fear he may still have an eye on a prem team, in any eventually I think he will do well...at some clubs it just doesn't work out for one reason or another and that's what's happens to him.

To give an idea of the lads quality he scored in almost every other game for us after a slow start , playing out wide on numerous occasions and being injured for the last month of the season....I would take Bamford as our no. 1 striker into the premiership if we got promoted.... given the chance.

Hope it's us derby and you at the end of the season....good luck guys.

I think you might be a bit biased...

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
I think you might be a bit biased...

Not so much biased as its just my opinion, however being a season ticket holder at Boro I would say he is the best forward we have had since the Jimmy Floyd hasslebank and Mark vadooka era, we had them in the latter years of their careers but paddy is just at the start.

I still think it's only about a 30% chance of us getting him back, but regardless of that I wish him well, I really think both US and you need to strengthen as Derby are strong and Hull still have some quality players...so it's going to get interesting.

There is still a good chance of a late strong finish from another club..qpr or Burnley the obvious choice but even sheffield Wed look capable of stringing some good results together...hope it's you and us , then we can have a great time at the riverside, I would really hate if we are up and some of our fans take the Mickey out of you on the final day because you miss out, I have got no time or motivation to disrespect any rival fans...so come on guys a good final drive could see you there...the first half has shown the whole league your real contenders...good luck today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not so much biased as its just my opinion, however being a season ticket holder at Boro I would say he is the best forward we have had since the Jimmy Floyd hasslebank and Mark vadooka era, we had them in the latter years of their careers but paddy is just at the start.

I still think it's only about a 30% chance of us getting him back, but regardless of that I wish him well, I really think both US and you need to strengthen as Derby are strong and Hull still have some quality players...so it's going to get interesting.

There is still a good chance of a late strong finish from another club..qpr or Burnley the obvious choice but even sheffield Wed look capable of stringing some good results together...hope it's you and us , then we can have a great time at the riverside, I would really hate if we are up and some of our fans take the Mickey out of you on the final day because you miss out, I have got no time or motivation to disrespect any rival fans...so come on guys a good final drive could see you there...the first half has shown the whole league your real contenders...good luck today.

Did you notice the word in your post I emphasised in the quote?

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
Spent too much time in Connor Wickham's company?

see post below

Lots more about it here: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...arly-Crystal/story-28432131-detail/story.html

In essence, frustrated at lack of game time which he feels he needs to carry on his development after his outstanding season with Boro last time round:

"It's just difficult when you're not playing and you come in for five minutes here and there, 20 minutes here and there, or don't play for a couple of weeks.

"You don't really get a run, and for a striker it's really important to get that run of games. I think if people have seen me play at other levels, I have never been out of the team for longer than one game.

"That's kind of showed with the goals as well."

Finally, it seems Parish doesn't agree with the Palace fans who have posted on this thread: "It's a shame it hasn't worked out for him, he's got a lot of quality."

Parish is obsessed with his hair as is Bamford, I think its all about the hairdressers

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Full transcript

Patrick Bamford ends 'terrible' Crystal Palace loan

Striker Patrick Bamford says he has ended his season-long loan at Crystal Palace early to return to Chelsea.

Bamford, 22, made the decision public after Monday's 0-0 draw at home to Swansea - apparently before he had told manager Alan Pardew.

"That was my last game for Palace," he said. "If I were being honest, it has been terrible. They really are a turd club and full of rarely washed pikeys. Besides, no one wants to sit on the bench and not play. For the sake of public hygiene it is far better to be as far away from the supporters as possible. I spent the last three matches in the centre circle !"

"It was my decision. The gaffer hasn't actually spoken to me. Mind you he is a neanderthal (at best)."

Sign the lad up, we will show him what a proper club looks like (and smells like)!

TNBA

TTF

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I wanna go home !

image.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports