Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Patreon Users

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hi @Bozza - i'm not that fussed but noticed that ads have appeared , for me at least, for the NSC homepage - even if you're a licker, sorry Patreon user LIKE I AM . Is that right ?

(sorry - couldn't find an old thread devoted to this subscription/ donation scheme - hope its going ok btw and you've a decent # of sign ups now)

I think on your to do list was having an "About" page if/when you click on the Patreon box on your profile.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I think the adverts have always been on the main homepage. I certainly seem to remember them having been there a while. But I bookmark the big board, so only tend to see that page after 'marking all read' before leaving.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Ads? On the internet?

Outrageous!

What a stupid way to try to sell your products to 26 billion people.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Ads? On the internet?

Outrageous!

What a stupid way to try to sell your products to 26 billion people.
If advertisers think it's worth advertising on NSC to people living throughout the Milky Way galaxy, I'm not sure why the club shop is apparently always so stingy on their shirt orders.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry, I made a change on Wednesday to the homepage which includes the Sky Sports widget - it plays various Sky football short videos interspersed with adverts.

The NSC homepage doesn't get that many visits, relative to the Big Board page, but that widget is a reasonable earner so thought I'd trial it out to see if it made much difference.

It was only when I did this that I noticed that NSC Patrons have always had the sidebar on the homepage - I was previously unaware. So you'll always have ads there, but probably didn't notice until you clocked the new Sky video.

I was then sidetracked somewhat and spent all day in A&E with my mum and have had a very hectic couple of days since for various reasons.

So, it's very much top of my list to ensure that those ads magically vanish for you, as promised.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
IMG_3713.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry, I made a change on Wednesday to the homepage which includes the Sky Sports widget - it plays various Sky football short videos interspersed with adverts.

The NSC homepage doesn't get that many visits, relative to the Big Board page, but that widget is a reasonable earner so thought I'd trial it out to see if it made much difference.

It was only when I did this that I noticed that NSC Patrons have always had the sidebar on the homepage - I was previously unaware. So you'll always have ads there, but probably didn't notice until you clocked the new Sky video.

I was then sidetracked somewhat and spent all day in A&E with my mum and have had a very hectic couple of days since for various reasons.

So, it's very much top of my list to ensure that those ads magically vanish for you, as promised.
Cheers @Bozza - understood.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

The I was then sidetracked somewhat and spent all day in A&E with my mum and have had a very hectic couple of days since for various reasons.

Well i think the important bit here is your mum….hoping she is ok!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now I am a LICKER, I don't feel guilty about my use of ad blockers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here