[Albion] Pathetic.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Slightly disrespectful. Sam Allardyce has achieved so much in his Managerial Career that if Graham Potter achieves half of what he has then can rightly be proud of himself.

Word. I’ll go on record now and say Potter won’t get within a mile of the achievement of Sam Allardyce, who has obviously passed his heyday and wouldn’t advocate as an answer, in the Premier League.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wasn't that bad.

First half was terrible. Second half was decent, only thing missing was a goal.
I make this about right. First half was shockingly crap. Second half we absolutely dominated and should have scored twice at least.

Same old same old though: Maupay's turn to miss from six inches. I wonder who will miss our unmissable chances next week?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I am sorry, but these "performances" if you can call them that, against the turd below us, is sackable imo. Dreadful, shameful results against some of the worst sides in PL history and yet to them we are Canon fodder. It's disgusting. Embarrassing. And quite frankly rude and disrespectful to us supporters who have to watch this turgidness every week.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes, this post is pathetic.

You deserve someone like Allardyce in charge.

Fun fact - Saying a performance in an individual match was awful doesn't automatically mean you want to completely rip up the philosophy of the club #FunFact

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It was shit. Of course it was. But it's one or only 3 or 4 properly shit performances this season

Playing your really shit games against the teams you need to beat in the games you need to win (WBA H & A, Burnley H, tonight, Fulham A) is a really terrible way to do things though. It's pointless doing well against Man City and only getting beaten 1-0, I'd rather Man City had stuffed us 7-0 while making us look like we were representing the Dog & Duck in the Sunday League if we'd won one or two of those games.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think Potter will get the Spurs job.

or if not, the England managers job.

Maybe even Real Madrid after they get rid of Zinedine Zidane.

After all, we're 16th in the League. Amazing with such shit players like, Sanchez, Dunk, Veltman. Webster, White, Lamptey, Moder, Lllalana, Bissouma, Mc Allister etc etc etc

I think with those League 2 players Potter has done wonderfully well this season.

Not......
Really starting to think Potter is some kind of a Wizard
Seems to have cast a spell on pundits media and some Brighton fans
The guy is a complete charlatan & chancer
So many saying in the last year that this is the best squad we’ve ever had but this clown...whoops sorry wizard keeps getting praise
Another season goes by and kept up once again by 3 worse teams

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Webster was very shaky. Ok, he’s been out for a while but even so.
Thought Veltman was our MOTM by some distance.
Whenever Webster has been out for a prolonged period, he struggles to pick up where he left off. In his first 3 or 4 games back, he is going to make a calamitous mistake or two, but then settles back into being a class defender. He has done this a few times now and will probably next do it again in the opening games of next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am sorry, but these "performances" if you can call them that, against the turd below us, is sackable imo. Dreadful, shameful results against some of the worst sides in PL history and yet to them we are Canon fodder. It's disgusting. Embarrassing. And quite frankly rude and disrespectful to us supporters who have to watch this turgidness every week.
Absolutely right.

Tonight was shameful and 4 points in 6 games against the bottom 3 needs to be addressed with focus. It cannot be bad luck.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Really starting to think Potter is some kind of a Wizard
Seems to have cast a spell on pundits media and some Brighton fans
The guy is a complete charlatan & chancer
So many saying in the last year that this is the best squad we’ve ever had but this clown...whoops sorry wizard keeps getting praise
Another season goes by and kept up once again by 3 worse teams
My view is that this season has been one of the least enjoyable to watch in years, and yet I don't think much of it is his fault. Rather than bemoaning our luck at a totally dominant yet fruitless second half, today was just same old Brighton. Clown error at the back and we concede, followed by total domination, a sitter, a goal chalked off, and then another astonishing miss from six inches.

Clearly the buck stops with the manager but in all seriousness what would do that was any different? He's not a wizard, but couldn't he reasonably expect his front players to put away the tap ins, score from the penalty spot when you've had two awarded in one game, reasonably expect one of the six times we hit the goal frame to instead go in, and so on?

I really wish I could blame the manager as is normally the case when your team just gets shit result after shit result but I'm sorry, I actually feel for Potter a bit. His side isn't boring to watch, they don't shut up shop after ten minutes if they do take the lead, and they don't start games looking like they've come for a point. It's just they can't sodding score. That is what is so frustrating about this team

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
But it was the most important game of the season. The one that would guarantee safety. Against the worst team by miles. Indefensible.

That was not the most important game of the season...not by a mile.

Newcastle was much more important.

We are 7 points clear and have 5 more chances of getting the 1 more win we need.

Get a grip man.

It was shit yes

It was bloody annoying

But we aren’t good against blood and guts scruffy teams.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton

Oh get a grip for goodness sake.

It was really poor, frustrating and annoying but....

Shameful, disgusting, embarrassing...

What childish melodrama.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My view is that this season has been one of the least enjoyable to watch in years, and yet I don't think much of it is his fault. Rather than bemoaning our luck at a totally dominant yet fruitless second half, today was just same old Brighton. Clown error at the back and we concede, followed by total domination, a sitter, a goal chalked off, and then another astonishing miss from six inches.

Clearly the buck stops with the manager but in all seriousness what would do that was any different? He's not a wizard, but couldn't he reasonably expect his front players to put away the tap ins, score from the penalty spot when you've had two awarded in one game, reasonably expect one of the six times we hit the goal frame to instead go in, and so on?

I really wish I could blame the manager as is normally the case when your team just gets shit result after shit result but I'm sorry, I actually feel for Potter a bit. His side isn't boring to watch, they don't shut up shop after ten minutes if they do take the lead, and they don't start games looking like they've come for a point. It's just they can't sodding score. That is what is so frustrating about this team

Excellent post. Accurately sums up our season.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
You should spend 25 m on a top striker and so long as he doesn't get injured I reckon you could easily finish 9 - 14. You lose too many points because you haven't got a strong presence up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports