Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pathetic reason for no tex in squad

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don't get why a team is rotated so much, it does not help the team to gel. There should be a maximum of two changes ideally and preferably none. This was picked up by Lineker on MOTD on Wednesday, stating this is what the top teams do. A settled team is a good team.

I don't think he has a clue to his best 11/12/13. Its desperate tinkering all the time.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
With LuaLua out we need a creative player. IMHO we need to get Tex in the starting line up (let alone the squad) and probably have Paddy on the bench as back up in case he gets injured. Let's face it, selecting the team based around defenders hasn't been working. Agree with the tinkering comments. Some of this has been driven by the players not being consistent form wise, issue is that Hyypia seems to drop the players playing well!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The pathectic reason hypia might not play tex on sunday really gets me pissed of calde holla and ince could easily play centre back if huges or dunk gets injured tex must be in squad to replace lua lua halford should be the one to miss out imho

I agree with some of that. But a FULL STOP wouldn't kill you! :mad:

Dec 29, 2011
For all our midfield options and lack of attacking/flair, the one to leave out is SOOOOO obviously Gardner. Just proves what a poor manager he his, or that there is a STUPID clause in the loan deal that he MUST be in the matchday squad.

I was talking to a Man United fan about Lingard last season, he LAUGHED at me when I mentioned the possibility of such a clause. Plastics are gonna be plastics.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Top teams do it because 'Don't change a winning team' is often a very good formula to stick with.

'Don't change a losing team' never seems to have caught on in the same way..................
However, dropping the players who have had a good game (relative to the rest of the team anyway) does seem a perverse way of rotating the squad.
I don't think he has a clue to his best 11/12/13. Its desperate tinkering all the time.

Totally agree with both of you. Earlier in the season, Ince was playing well, then got dropped. It happens all over the midfield and that is where the issue is, we don't have the right midfield. It was seen against Fulham, he had no-one on the bench to replace LuaLua (yes March was there but he was not fit). Paddy should have been there. Unfortunately, we cannot get anyone else in this month and Crofts and Stephens will not be back (Corfts we are missing big time), so we are left with Hyppia rotating the midfield for another month at least! :(

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Totally agree with both of you. Earlier in the season, Ince was playing well, then got dropped. It happens all over the midfield and that is where the issue is, we don't have the right midfield. It was seen against Fulham, he had no-one on the bench to replace LuaLua (yes March was there but he was not fit). Paddy should have been there. Unfortunately, we cannot get anyone else in this month and Crofts and Stephens will not be back (Corfts we are missing big time), so we are left with Hyppia rotating the midfield for another month at least! :(

Ince was dropped after jumping out the way of the ball when he should have been standing firm in the wall on a free kick that led to a goal and two points dropped.

The pathectic reason hypia might not play tex on sunday really gets me pissed of calde holla and ince could easily play centre back if huges or dunk gets injured tex must be in squad to replace lua lua halford should be the one to miss out imho

Agreed - Tex was a real breath of fresh air and this is a bad call by Sami

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
One of tOther reasons he's not in the squad is that the signing of Bennett means that a) we have more creativity in midfield/up front/forward through balls etc but more importantly because b) with him and Bent we now have 6 potential loanees and only 5 can be picked. At the moment Bennett, Bennett, Gardner, Halford (due to Greer's injury) and Bent are and probab;y should be higher up the pecking order. c) also March's return to fitness d) he's lost a bit of the form/strength he showed in those early months.

If the 5 loanees rule didn't apply suspect he might be in the squad.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Ince was dropped after jumping out the way of the ball when he should have been standing firm in the wall on a free kick that led to a goal and two points dropped.

I cannot think who it was against but he got MOTM!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I cannot think who it was against but he got MOTM!

I'm not saying he is bad player, he is a great prospect. All I am saying is that the mistake he made by moving out of the wall which ended up as a goal was a schoolboy error. So in that regard he probably lost his automatic starting place because of it. That's not to say he won't get it back again but I think that event coincided with him not starting the next game and may well be the reason for it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just how many points have we lost through player stupidity?

The squad hasn't helped Sami.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is this some sort of sick joke? More physical prescience? Paddy McCourt? :lolol:

Interesting you quote the Bournemouth game, when Tex did play well for 55 mins, then disappeared (ran out of steam). But with the exception of Leeds, is there any other game when he's had such an impact? The game he scored in at home, he wasn't outstanding.....

You mocked the comment about physical presence, but I've seen every game where McCourt has come on, plus the developmental squad games he's played, and I've yet to see him barged off the ball, whereas Tex loses every physical battle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here