Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Patcham

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Brangwyn is nice.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Lots of the trains from Hove stop at Preston Park, so you have no worries there. Also, if you're going to scooter to a station, it's probably better to go to Haywards Heath as you get more fast trains in the evenings especially.

Have a look at the Withdean and Westdene areas. Westdene is a cracking school, though to be fair most primary schools in Brighton are. You've also got Windlesham not far away too :thumbsup:

The 'Money' trains to LB from LA between 6 & 7.30 are full by Hove

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Patcham village is nice. The Elizabethan always did a cracking curry.

They went down hill a while back - I haven't bothered going back to see if they've improved again.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
As shame, is it still the same family? Not been since I lived in the old village back in 2004.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't know to be honest - I last went there about 6 years ago. They seemed to struggle because they opened a takeaway just over the hill opposite Patcham High School and the restaurant was doing that cooking as well.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
no longer live there but really enjoyed my time growing up in Patcham through all of my school years, although I did go to Stringer but have heard Patcham High is improving again.

always felt like there is quite a community feel and the local boozers are pretty decent but a bit clique. Close to Motorways and decent bus service into town centre and has supermarkets etc pretty close by. Believe house prices still fairly reasonable compared with other areas which aren't as nice too.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Lived on Mayfield Crescent since I was 2, not really got a bad thing to say about it.

Takes me 10 minutes to drive into town, or 20 minutes on the bus which runs every 10 minutes until late, and until 3.30am on Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights which is ideal for saving taxi fares etc. Preston park station is 2 minutes in the car, although always get the train from Brighton myself, and as others have said never experienced any problems walking about at night etc.

Schools wise, I went to St Bernadettes and Newman, so can't really comment on Patcham high/junior but heard numerous people saying they are improving rapidly. You've also got a CO-OP, Sainsburys local, M&S, ASDA and numerous other's all within a few minutes drive, as well as a decent barbers etc.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Patcham is great place for kids, especially near the greens as its a great place to play footy or other games with your kids,
Patcham was designed to be a family friendly estate in the 1930s,
and its architecture still retains that feel , despite some of the past and present occupants having no such sympathy nor consideration with the continuity of this, best value for money in Brighton, in lots of peoples honest opinion !

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Patcham was a very nice area to live however as families eventually had two or even three cars roads became so congested making both driving and parking a nightmare,such a pity.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Patcham is great place for kids, especially near the greens as its a great place to play footy or other games with your kids,
and its architecture still retains that feel , despite some of the past and present occupants having no such sympathy nor consideration with the continuity of this, best value for money in Brighton, in lots of peoples honest opinion !

spent most of my childhood playing footie in and around 'the pen' halfway down Mackie Avenue - still has some of the only free tennis courts in Brighton too

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I grew up in Patcham(Ridgeside Avenue). The place can do no wrong in my eyes. Always enjoy popping back.

DO IT!

Me too....my parents still live in Sunnydale Avenue and love the area. We are always popping over & I still think its a great place. Good for the kids as well - we spent many a weekend down the park, the tennis courts and in the woods on our bikes at the back of Ladies Mile Rd. things are a bit different for children these days - but as mentioned elsewhere, it does have that safe "village / community" feel to it still - with no hassles or trouble. Thoroughly recommend it as a place to live....

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007

Have read of this http://sro.sussex.ac.uk/40308/ re the development of Patcham

Great place to live, we moved from basement flat in Preston Circus to Patcham when kids came along

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Did the residents of Patcham have a party when Fawcett school closed?
I am sure things are a bit quieter around the Deeside area today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here