Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Passport Renewal?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The nearest being in London? Might look in to this.

I went to Peterborough because I couldn't get an appointment at the London one for a couple of weeks and I needed it urgently. Was Feb last year.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This is what I did. Booked appointment - it's next to the Excel Arena - make sure you have all your documents and photos. Took 20 mins or so and passport arrived around a week later.
used to be two min walk from Victoria station and very efficient.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The price of a UK passport will rise on Thursday, for the second time in just over 14 months.

The cost of applying online to get a new or renewed adult passport will go up from £82.50 to £88.50 from midnight.

This 7% rise follows a 9% rise in February 2023. Consumer group Which? said travellers due to renew would "likely be shocked" by the hike.

The Home Office said it did not make a profit from passport applications and the fee rise would improve services.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The nearest being in London? Might look in to this.
My daughter who works overseas made an appointment for the express service. 'As far as I know' the admin is done prior and its a case of walking into the office and collecting it. The office was somewhere in Docklands near London City Airport I believe. Arrived off a flight from Singapore, over to Docklands to collect the new passport for a 9am appointment and was at her home in Worthing by lunchtime. Unsurprisingly it isn't cheap.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The price of a UK passport will rise on Thursday, for the second time in just over 14 months.

The cost of applying online to get a new or renewed adult passport will go up from £82.50 to £88.50 from midnight.

This 7% rise follows a 9% rise in February 2023. Consumer group Which? said travellers due to renew would "likely be shocked" by the hike.

The Home Office said it did not make a profit from passport applications and the fee rise would improve services.
That’s 25 quid more than an Irish passport.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My daughter who works overseas made an appointment for the express service. 'As far as I know' the admin is done prior and its a case of walking into the office and collecting it. The office was somewhere in Docklands near London City Airport I believe. Arrived off a flight from Singapore, over to Docklands to collect the new passport for a 9am appointment and was at her home in Worthing by lunchtime. Unsurprisingly it isn't cheap.
It's really frustrating that Brits cannot go to embassies and get passports like other nations can. The wife renewed a while back and I had to collect it in London. On top of this, she was advised to lie (state she was a UK resident and provide her home address) on her application to be able to use the service at Victoria. We kept the email evidence of this advice in case on any issues. The service might work well for most people but it falls over for 'edge' cases.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To cover 5% of the area the Irish one covers. Absolute bargain ???
Fair point, cheaper in cost and way more valuable in what it can be used for.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Incredibly useful thread as mine is expiring in August. Been having trouble online and tempted to just fly in and do in London during my 6 week summer visit.

Without 6 months remaining, you can connect flights right to get back home to UK? As are no direct ones. Just not have 'split' flights.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's really frustrating that Brits cannot go to embassies and get passports like other nations can. The wife renewed a while back and I had to collect it in London. On top of this, she was advised to lie (state she was a UK resident and provide her home address) on her application to be able to use the service at Victoria. We kept the email evidence of this advice in case on any issues. The service might work well for most people but it falls over for 'edge' cases.
Victoria? the London Passport Office relocated to an old renovated warehouse near what used to be London Docks, at Custom House a few months ago.

Though l guess when your wife renewed it probably was still situated in Victoria.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Victoria? the London Passport Office relocated to an old renovated warehouse near what used to be London Docks, at Custom House a few months ago.

Though l guess when your wife renewed it probably was still situated in Victoria.
Yes it was a few years I think. Definitely in Victoria as I had a lovely morning run from my hotel in Kings X to collect it.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Does my head in this. My other passports I can book an appointment and get it done the same day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here