Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Passport advice

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Do you work in London anywhere near the passport office in Victoria? If so worth paying the extra £20 and get a timed appointment as they'll turn around and reissue your passport within 2 hours of having checked your forms.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Do you work in London anywhere near the passport office in Victoria? If so worth paying the extra £20 and get a timed appointment as they'll turn around and reissue your passport within 2 hours of having checked your forms.

Seconded.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thing is you need to renew anyway and what if there are problems and delays when you get to the states and your flights back are affected.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yep...personally, I'd go for getting a new passport before travelling - you have enough time. .gov.uk says that you'll get it back within 3 weeks using their standard service (£72.50), or you can pay £103 for the 1-week fast track service (which also requires a visit to the passport office).
My daughter applied for her new born, so as to go abroad soon, and the passport arrived back within a week, if you decide to renew. I would do so, just in case that plane is late, and you will avoid all sorts of bureaucratic wrangling. If a serious terrorist incident were to cause severe delays, then your passport would have expired and in a climate of tension, might be even more problematic.
By the way, I went to the Passport office and it was very quickly done. Fell foul of their X ray machine on entry, as I naively took scissors with me to cut the passport picture if needed . . They do it, I was told. So don't take a weapon . . .

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I've just had to get another passport after stupidly losing it on the Dieppe-Newhaven ferry, and I got it after SIX days. No check and send, no paying for it to be fast tracked and I even made a minor mistake on the form, you should go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here