Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Passing selhurst (on the train, or otherwise)

I always, without fail, have to put the single digit up against the window in silent indignation at the further blot on the (already rubbish) landscape.

It's a disgusting hole, and especially compared to our shining castle filled with glorious uplifting scent of success.

I did turn around recently while giving this mandatory gesture (it has to be done, I cannot let it go undelivered) and found I was being stared at by a woman on the other side of my carriage. Naturally I did not look at all embarrassed at being caught in the necessary act, but rather gave her a "got a problem with that?" look back.

So what do NSCers do when passing Mordor?
Surely it's too compelling than to remain dispassionate in passing the crucible of filth?

The Bracknell tradition is to look out of the window and utter the word 'SCUM'.

On a crowded train, there is always the possibility that not all passengers will understand. I think we still owe an apology to Lord Denis Healey who was innocently sitting in his seat, minding his own business, when the expletive was delivered from the adjacent central passageway, straight into his earhole. I guess he probably thought he'd never been forgiven for something he'd done when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I pass that dump twice a day as I commute to and from London for work. I never give it the middle finger though as that is far too american for my liking so, I do an old-fashioned English "V" sign. Unless, of course, I am asleep!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I live in South East London and my 5 year old son is fully trained to give a full on BOOOO and say the words Filthy Palace Scum whenever we have the misfortune to pass Selhurrt on the way to the M23.

As they say, IF YOU REALLY F*CKING HATE THEM CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I check whether my wallet's still in my pocket.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I give it a look of quiet disdain combined with smug superiority. If there's no-one to mistakenly take offence, I'll quietly mutter "shithole".

Fortunately I don't often go past it

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
V sign for me, every time. Though it can be a bit difficult if there are people sitting between you and the window!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here