[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Just re-reading the email and the usual course of action in a case like mine is to cancel the ticket and keep the cash.
"We will, on this occasion, return the ticket as the demand for the game is so high"
So the question now is
What other infringements are the club going to let go because "demand for the game is so high"
You make a reasonable point, but at this juncture I wouldn't push things - it may well be resolved and any goodwill could be lost.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very poor show from the club - assuming all OP has said is true. But very poor show in their management regardless.

You can arrange all the light shows in the world but fans are bread and butter.

Disappointing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So they’re going to stop the people who actually have tickets for certain seats from sitting in them - because they want those seats themselves??
Theoretically it’s breaking the T&Cs.

Not going happen though is it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Theoretically it’s breaking the T&Cs.

Not going happen though is it.
If an easy swap can be done with similar seats - fair enough. But I get pissed off by some that think they can sit anywhere they want And not give a damn for others. This happened in seats behind my son and myself in 2019 semi. Second half a couple of pissed up blokes sat behind us that weren’t there first half. Their behaviour was shocking! Fortunately the seat holders eventually managed to get them removed (the pissed up blokes were very loud and aggressive and the actual seat holders weren’t the sort of people to try and call them out directly) … but not until around 15 mins into the second half.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
If an easy swap can be done with similar seats - fair enough. But I get pissed off by some that think they can sit anywhere they want And not give a damn for others. This happened in seats behind my son and myself in 2019 semi. Second half a couple of pissed up blokes sat behind us that weren’t there first half. Their behaviour was shocking! Fortunately the seat holders eventually managed to get them removed (the pissed up blokes were very loud and aggressive and the actual seat holders weren’t the sort of people to try and call them out directly) … but not until around 15 mins into the second half.
It happens a lot at Wembley for England games.

Euro 2020 was awful for that. 20 guys steaming in at the last minute trying to use about 10 - 15 seats between them by you, including the ones next to you. What in reality can you do when the stewards are turning a blind eye? We moved seats in the end and were lucky that the ground wasn‘t full but you can’t always do that.

For England games at Wembley ever since then we have gone in Club Wembley at £100 a pop but at least haven’t had some ****ed up w*nkers wrecking the day out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m right in thinking the club aren’t offering any refunds on tickets? My ‘guest’ probably cant go now :(
Correct.

The good news, however, is the guest ticket can be allocated to any guest you like (and trust).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ah. but those who bought tickets for themself and for those on f and f list, but then passed a ticket purchased on f and f list to not the named person on the f and f list ... isn't that the same in terms of the ticket then being downloaded to a wallet under a different name to the name on the ticket? I know a few who have done this! There must be loads, surely, but this thread suggests that's how the op got caught out?
No he got caught out as mentioned the specific seat number on NSC and someone at the club saw that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I right Paul can / is still going to the semi right? He just had the spare ticket seized & refunded and has a 10 game multi gender home game ban? I’m pretty sure this is the case - coukd ge worse but def unreasonable ESPECIALLY as there was all sorts of windows and people waiting to buy second batches of tickets etc.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
So I have two tickets in my friends name who bought the tickets.as a guest for us, In simple terms what is the situation here?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So I have two tickets in my friends name who bought the tickets.as a guest for us, In simple terms what is the situation here?
Nothing, that’s exactly how guest tickets work.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They really employ people to look through here?
Paul Camlin used to be great on here and respond - it was good and he’s a nice bloke. This seems a bit far fetched for supporter services to be monitoring a site which many hardcore real fans use who would never make money off the club. Surely we’d ALL rather see a seat at Wembley passed on for face value than look white and empty - including the buyer of the seat of course. They need to rethink things big time and turn a blind eye to these ‘rules’.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They really employ people to look through here?
That’s maybe not their only duties but it seems that is the situation.

Could just have been some code that runs and looks for mentions of tickets for sale.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
And:
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Please confirm whether you would like to use the below as your appeal against the ban, or whether you would like to write anything further?

We will, on this occasion, return the ticket as the demand for the game is so high. However, the ban will remain in place, and I therefore ask you to confirm my question above.

Thank you
So they can take away tickets back and make them available for resale if they choose to. There are many away games which are sold out. I suppose that they don't want to do this routinely because they are worried that folks will buy tickets early knowing that they can change their minds about going later........

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Am I right Paul can / is still going to the semi right? He just had the spare ticket seized & refunded and has a 10 game multi gender home game ban? I’m pretty sure this is the case - coukd ge worse but def unreasonable ESPECIALLY as there was all sorts of windows and people waiting to buy second batches of tickets etc.

The whole system was bloody stupid and forced legit fans into all sorts of buying strategies to get tickets together. I'm not saying this is what has happened in Paul's case but it need not have needed to be like that. I imagine there will be a lot of people taking risks on Sunday with tickets, and that now there are a lot of people who are needlessly worried when they should be looking forward to a great game.

We were given 34,000 tickets FFS! We're not bloody Barcelona! There's nobody going to this game that is not a fan, but there's probably a few people who are looking at the club through less than rose tinted spectacles now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports