Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pass, pass, pass, pass... GOAL!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be fair, its a fairly decent goal, but the other team are balls at tackling, the keeper should of done better and WTF was the keeper doing a Cruff turn on his 6 yard box for.

the shame of it though is, they are obviously taught how to pass the ball, but what shit facilities they have to play on.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
This was posted last night so I shall post what I posted then.

Unfortunately if that was in England you would've heard one of the kids dads screaming for his son to "do him" or you would've for the duration of the 1 minute video seen the ball launched up field for the fast kid to chase.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This was posted last night so I shall post what I posted then.

Unfortunately if that was in England you would've heard one of the kids dads screaming for his son to "do him" or you would've for the duration of the 1 minute video seen the ball launched up field for the fast kid to chase.

This is true (to some extent). The u9 team my son plays for, always build from the back and I'd say 9/10 teams they play launch the ball for some goal hanger to chase.

It's amazing to watch u9s pass the ball around confidently though, and yes I am convinced it is the way to play football.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They were helped by the CARPET like playing surface though...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It doesn't matter what the other teams tackling was like; the players moved into space, they were always moving (unlike Brighton), passes were max 10 yds, even on a dodgy pitch control was good, passing was to feet, need I go on? That was excellent and should be encouraged. Maybe this video should passed on to the likes of Alladyce! :D

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
This is true (to some extent). The u9 team my son plays for, always build from the back and I'd say 9/10 teams they play launch the ball for some goal hanger to chase.

It's amazing to watch u9s pass the ball around confidently though, and yes I am convinced it is the way to play football.

It 100% is the way to play, the only way our prowess as a footballing nation will ever grow is if some hard decisions are made with regards to how players in their formative years are coached. As you say your sons U9 team play good football but 9/10 of the other teams don't there is surely something wrong with that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Superb stuff. Like a load of little Gary Dickers. In England there would be absolute PANIC when the defender passed it back to the keeper, and probably a rollicking for the defender, and also the keeper for passing it rather than hoofing.

They're just so much CALMER. I think that's the key.

If you're too calm in English football you're seen as "lazy" or not "wanting it" enough (Berbatov, Murray). You have to run around like an idiot, and whoever runs around like an idiot in the most successful way is the best player.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
yeah but it's BORING

:jester:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Great goal but the other team are proper bad at tackling.

This. The defending team are just trying to attack the player on the ball without even considering who he might pass it to. Terrible, terrible closing down.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It doesn't matter what the other teams tackling was like; the players moved into space, they were always moving (unlike Brighton), passes were max 10 yds, even on a dodgy pitch control was good, passing was to feet, need I go on? That was excellent and should be encouraged. Maybe this video should passed on to the likes of Alladyce! :D

The Alladyce team that outpassed the Albion at Upton Park last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here