Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross - Controversial Opinion...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And this, which I've just seen...

5e75584b6fb8053fd1ca5adb0d6627ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

....also shows one of the key differences between the top teams and the 'rest' is simply the quality of striker. How many assists would Gross have if he had Aguero/Sterling or Mane/Firminho in front of him...............

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
....also shows one of the key differences between the top teams and the 'rest' is simply the quality of striker. How many assists would Gross have if he had Aguero/Sterling or Mane/Firminho in front of him...............
Groß to City/Liverpool in January???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see Trossard, Maupay and Connelly starting.

Gross will fight it out with Mooy and Alzate.

Love Mooy, Love Pascal and Love Alzate… its a pickle I tell you :)

I'd go along with that.

It's almost as if we've got a squad (that can be rotated) for a reason :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems like quite a few wouldn't be bothered if he left !

At least those drongos won't be able to say:-

'Why couldn't he do that for us?'

Morons.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
While awake with a young sleepless child last night I got to thinking about Gross’ contribution and don’t think he gets nearly enough credit.

In our first season in PL he was involved in more goals than any other player (goals and assists) including critical goals like the first two against West Brian to get us up and running and the winner against Man United to seal safety.

In our second season he still contributed goals and assists despite being out injured while again scoring critical goals including what turned out to be winner against Man U and the crucial equaliser against Newcastle.

This season in our three league wins he has either scored the opener or played the key intervention that lead to the opener (his ball across against Watford and the cross against Spurs)

Some stats to back this up. In 73 PL games he has 23 goals or assists. Murray by comparison has 26 from 81. So really very favourable for someone who isn’t an out and out front man. Again for comparison March has 9 from 77.

And all for the bargain price of £3m. Surely with those stats our best ever value for money signing.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
So what you're saying is rather than start our best ballplayer behind two pacy forwards we should play a front three and rely on the guile of Stephens and Propper to play those killer passes?

And you'd bench Connolly who has shown he is a nightmare for defenders and who is looking every part like the new Robbie Keane?

And against a side thats defence is atrocious and could be torn apart by Maupay and Connolly's pace and Gross' killer passes...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The most intelligent footballer we have, and integral to almost everything we do going forward.

To accommodate Trossard, I can only really see us reverting to one up front (which is what Potter did for two of Trossard's three starts before his injury), which probably means Connolly will make way for him.

That said - the one time we started with two strikers and Trossard, which was Southampton at home - Gross was on the bench. March and Trossard started either side of Stephens and Propper with Maupay and (briefly) Adone up front.

Pascal Groß is worth 3 key passes per game. Only Trossard does compete.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Which kind of suggests we start with Trossard Connolly/Maupay and Gross up front

either wing backs and 2 mid, or go 4-3-3

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Which kind of suggests we start with Trossard Connolly/Maupay and Gross up front

I think 4-2-2-2 is the only option which realistically gives us the chance to get all 4 in the team.

More likely, only 3 of them will play from the start in any one match to give us a chance to play with a balanced team more defensively minded players, for example Alzate or Mooy

Which one misses out? Well that's an incredibly tight call. All 4 have made compelling cases for inclusion

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It would seem rather braggadocios to have the top 2 chance creators, who are also accomplished finishers, only to repeatedly Lampard/Gerrard one of them out of the team.

It's not as if we're overrun with talent at that end of the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here