Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parliamentary Labour Party imploding

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
as said in other thread, the interesting thing is the denial of a clear problem. the party is not in unity and other reporters say Labour MPs are themselves saying the leadership is incompetent.

There's been other Corbyn threads!? ??? :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
"Robust open debate'

"A new chapter of open discussion"

"Corbyn open to hearing views from all quarters"

"Is this the best the right have got - shows how desperate they are."

I'm not sure the 'right' have much more to do than watch. The labour Party are doing a pretty bad job
at the moment in terms of policy, direction and communication. The situation is of their own making
by trying to fudge the democratic process and voting through Corbyn in the early rounds to try and
make the contest look more inclusive.
This has shown just how out of touch many members of the party are with their own voters, a very poor
showing.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
If Corbyn were ever to become Prime Minister we would have to witness the sickly sight of the Queen being evicted and sent to France where she will be a major tourist attraction. Jerry Adams will become Chancellor and taxes will rise to 80% above the threshold over 10k. Nobody will be allowed to earn more than 25k and the Russians will be allowed to carry out military operations on our beaches, hills and fields. I think once people realise this nobody will vote Labour apart from lunatics. Labour will get zero seats at the next Election. Boris will become PM and we'll all have a jolly good time for ever after. This is John Piennaar, Political Correspondent from Radio Five Live of the Impartial BBC.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Corbyn and the vile Watson what a great Combo !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whether or not Corbyn is the man for job is debatable, but personally I think this process is much needed in the Labour party. Their membership has spoken, they are tired of grey, unprincipled, Blairite career politician pulling the strings in their party and they want rid. Once they've purged the Blairites, perhaps a more voter friendly but principled left of centre politician will emerge as true leadership material.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching some of the Blairites receiving well deserved black eyes and Corbyn's presence ruffling a few establishment feathers - most recently exposing the absurd stain on democracy that a constitutional royalty represents.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Whether or not Corbyn is the man for job is debatable, but personally I think this process is much needed in the Labour party. Their membership has spoken, they are tired of grey, unprincipled, Blairite career politician pulling the strings in their party and they want rid. Once they've purged the Blairites, perhaps a more voter friendly but principled left of centre politician will emerge as true leadership material.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching some of the Blairites receiving well deserved black eyes and Corbyn's presence ruffling a few establishment feathers - most recently exposing the absurd stain on democracy that a constitutional royalty represents.

Their membership may have spoken, but the electorate at large will of course have the final say as to whether a principled opposition will emerge as a party of government -once those who are principled and friendly have purged others . .

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What's wrong with robust open debate? We need a new chapter of open discussion and a leader open to hearing views from all quarters.

If this is the best the right have got - shows how desperate they are.

Is this the best the right have got? It shows how desperate they are. Corbyn is open to hearing views from all quarters. The PLP could do with a new chapter of open discussion, robust, open debate if you will.

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
But I don' t pin my flag to any of them comrade.

You must be loving the 80s coming back ? All we need is Duran Duran at number 1.

What a bunch of throwbacks the lot of them.

I have my politics but don't view them like football teams. Currently I'm off to watch the tennis...

A Mike Baily led Albion hold arsenal to a draw at Highbury !!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I thought Jeremy Corbyn is doing the right thing here. Everyone needs to be open in the policy making, regardless if they like it or not. Quite frankly what happens behind those doors should not printed.

It should if it spills out into open corridors !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Laughable 'defence' of this by ex-shag-Abbott on R4 this morning.

To be fair, she did seem to realise she was being ridiculous, and was clearly on just to show loyalty.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Agree totally. I don't think that JC is the man to lead the Labour party to electoral success but I do see him as a John the Baptist figure, heralding the process of change. The way this debate is presented is all wrong: the media say that the arguments between the MPs and Corbyn show he's unfit to lead but he's the one with the support of the members. As I said earlier, a few deselections will concentrate minds wonderfully

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is this the best the right have got? It shows how desperate they are. Corbyn is open to hearing views from all quarters. The PLP could do with a new chapter of open discussion, robust, open debate if you will.
Bozza's parody is so spot on. Just needs Ernest and that will be a full set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here