• No Dont Bomb Them

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • i still believe rainbows,fairies and possibly puppies will save the day

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reluctantly, I think we should assist the Iraq government if asked to do so - as I understand we have been.

Would want to start asking some very hard questions of all those nations that we - and the French and the Russians - have been flogging expensive military hardware to for as long as I can remember about when they're actually going to use them in a world cause. And it is a world cause. IS aren't going to negotiate any peace.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
1. What right do we have to drop bombs on anyone?
2. We are a tin-pot nation in terms of military force
3. We cannot even afford our own NHS yet we're considering spending shit loads of money turning non-radicals in to radicals
4. Have we not learnt the lessons from history

The answer is NO

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Think this one's a no-brainer. They have to be dealt with. Agree with Mustafa that there are other options but only alongside air strikes to take out the capabilities of IS. What will be interesting is what we do after that. Because at some point they will start retreating to schools and hospitals and the civilian casualties will escalate as a result if we keep bombing. I think we will have to commit ground troops eventually both in Iraq and Syria. I think this is a war that ultimately we will have to fight. I think the mistakes we have made in the past on Iraq and Afghanistan should be used to inform not hinder us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wanted to vote Yes, bomb them, but the third option was too good to turn down.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
3. We cannot even afford our own NHS yet we're considering spending shit loads of money turning non-radicals in to radicals

The answer is NO

Depends where your history starts. Hitler or Iraq. Agree that Iraq turned non-radicals into radicals and many people, including me predicted that before the start. More importantly wepicked the wrong people and created a fertile region for what we face now and what we face now is different, they need to be stopped. They don't represent Islamic people and we alongside true islamic nations need to play our part. That's why Obamahas gone out of his way to build those relationships. We need to learn the lessons of Iraq in terms of how we engage with the muslim community but if we refuse to address the awful situation we've played a part in creating then we we will definitely not have learned the lessons from history.

So 12 months ago we were all for bombing Assad in Syria and now we're all for bombing the mugs he's fighting. The policy seems to be, bomb anything, the target appears to be a mere detail afterthought. What could possibly go wrong? Just another ****-up in the disastrous western policy in the Middle East over the past 30 years where we veer backwards and forwards from bombing military dictatorships and the Islamist insurgents generally battling those crap governments.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The answer is NO

All of these

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was rather hoping that one of our MP's specifically the member for Bradford West would volunteer to go out to Syria and take the place of the poor taxi-driver bloke ISIL are holding. Didn't Terry Waite do that in Lebanon?

But GG hasn't got the balls. The sooner he's kicked out of Parliament the better though no doubt he'll make a fortune on chat shows on the BBC.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So 12 months ago we were all for bombing Assad in Syria and now we're all for bombing the mugs he's fighting. The policy seems to be, bomb anything, the target appears to be a mere detail afterthought. What could possibly go wrong? Just another ****-up in the disastrous western policy in the Middle East over the past 30 years where we veer backwards and forwards from bombing military dictatorships and the Islamist insurgents generally battling those crap governments.

Imagine if they had got what they wanted 12 months ago.

Who would be in charge in Damascus now?

Makes you think doesn't it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
We haven't got a clue what we're doing or to who. We haven't done for as long as I've been alive. ISIS is not the West's problem, ISIS WANT the West to get involved, it'll ve the best recruiting call they could possibly have.

Let's see Arabs deal with this problem.

Furthermore, if we commit to bombing we'll have boots on the ground within a year. It won't be popular but it's a big NO from me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's one thing intervening in a situation where an established leader of a nation is harming his own people in his own borders but quite another to have a crazed army roaming a region intent on killing, seizing weapons, land, oil and whatever other assets they can.

I feel sorry for the ordinary people in Syria and Iraq. They have been let by their leaders and now Islamic State fill the vacuum, bringing death and destruction in their wake.

Ultimately, if they were left unchecked they'd get hold of nuclear weapons from Pakistan and then threaten their terror over a much wider area.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
First up, how about these Middle eastern despots stop killing their own people?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Imagine if they had got what they wanted 12 months ago.

Who would be in charge in Damascus now?

Makes you think doesn't it.

There are so many groups in that civil war.

The kid from Brighton that was killed last night was not on the side of IS, but more of a middle man. Something has to be done as the cruelty is beyond anything I have ever heard. We are seeing a Islamic religious war here. Its highly likely this will spill over throughout the whole of the middle east.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There are so many groups in that civil war.

The kid from Brighton that was killed last night was not on the side of IS, but more of a middle man. Something has to be done as the cruelty is beyond anything I have ever heard. We are seeing a Islamic religious war here. Its highly likely this will spill over throughout the whole of the middle east.

They said, "Something has to be done" about Assad, remember? The cruelty was beyond anything you had ever heard, etc.

My point was that we wanted to take out Assad, and had we done so, IS would probably be in control of Syria today.

You're emotive appeals to "do something" are understandable, but we have lost a lot of blood and treasure over the last decade, to create a more volatile situation in the middle east, and we did so because we didn't think before we acted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here