Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Tickets Abroad

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
Iv resorted to the fountain of knowledge that is NSC for some advice.....

I got a parking ticket in California for a 'curb violation' which turns out was because i was parked facing oncoming traffic on a residential street.

I got a nice yellow ticket for $30, which I have no problem paying, except it's being made very difficult by them. Is it worth forgetting about, or am I going to end up coming un-stuck next time I travel to America or rent a car there??

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I presume it was a rental car? I got a ticket in San Francisco for the same violation, and Avis automatically charged my credit card (which I'd previously used to make payment) and sent me the invoice for reference.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not worth it for $30. Just send the money over in a brown envelope marked 'Anthrax', they'll see the funny side immediately.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't most rental agreements say they can charge your card for any tickets that come in after you hand the car back ?

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
I presume it was a rental car? I got a ticket in San Francisco for the same violation, and Avis automatically charged my credit card (which I'd previously used to make payment) and sent me the invoice for reference.

Yes it was a rental car, and this is what I was hoping for tbh, but can't see any reference to it on our credit card statement.

Geoff2021 are you speaking from experience or is this simply what you have heard?? This is what I have read online as it turns into a warrant for your arrest. Not something i need at the start of my next holiday.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
From memory, I got the ticket in December and received the Avis invoice (and corresponding CC charge) in February. So, it might still be going through the proverbial 'system' for you (depending on when the violation occurred).

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
i got a speeding ticket in Florida and i asked the highway patrol office what would happen if i didnt pay and he said it would be logged onto their system and a warrant issued so that the next time i entered the states i would be arrested for nonpayment, so of course i phoned and paid by credit card.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would advise paying the fine. Much easier than finding yourself being gangbanged in the correctional facility after being arrested at the airport. :lol:

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Cheers for the advice people.....is it wrong to be excited about the possibility of gang-rape in a correctional facility?! Yeah thought so. I'll be paying it as soon as!

Doesn't help that they only work 4 days a week tho, till 4pm and that to ring them to pay you have to leave a message for them to ring u back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here