Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Ticket Help

lifer

May 6, 2013
Nope. Wait for the Notice to Keeper which is the current advice on MSE and pepipoo, then appeal as keeper about the rubbish ticket not being a genuine pre-estimate of any loss and that APCOA don't own the car park so have no standing to issue tickets. That would do, just to get a POPLA code which is the stage you will win at if you follow MSE or pepipoo advice on POPLA wording that wins.

Easy. All private parking firms fake PCN rubbish can currently be easily stuffed at POPLA stage, every time, no matter why the ticket was issued.

Top advice

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Actually they can get you a CCJ even though it's not a council ticket. Parking Eye ( another private parking company ) are issuing thousands of court papers and have managed to get a lot of people CCJs.

In the unlikely event that one of these private companies ever gets to issuing a genuine county court claim you will have the opportunity to submit a defence at which point they will back off. The internet is full of example defences which will refer to the lack of a contract, disproportionate charges etc.

The only people who might ever get a CCJ are those who get a genuine claim issued by Northampton and ignore it and get the CCJ by default.

Always remember that most of these companies will just try to scare you by mentioning court claims, bailiffs and CCJs. And don't forget that in the unlikely event that you lose a county court hearing you simply pay up within 28 days and that is the end of the matter. No CCJ (not even a record of a satisfied CCJ) will exist and you will have no detrimental record on your credit score.

I give this advice on the basis that I used to be in Debt Recovery for the NHS and I simply ignored a ticket I got last season before the Wolves game when in a rush I confused the two parking areas at Polegate station.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
In the unlikely event that one of these private companies ever gets to issuing a genuine county court claim you will have the opportunity to submit a defence at which point they will back off. The internet is full of example defences which will refer to the lack of a contract, disproportionate charges etc.

The only people who might ever get a CCJ are those who get a genuine claim issued by Northampton and ignore it and get the CCJ by default.

Always remember that most of these companies will just try to scare you by mentioning court claims, bailiffs and CCJs. And don't forget that in the unlikely event that you lose a county court hearing you simply pay up within 28 days and that is the end of the matter. No CCJ (not even a record of a satisfied CCJ) will exist and you will have no detrimental record on your credit score.

I give this advice on the basis that I used to be in Debt Recovery for the NHS and I simply ignored a ticket I got last season before the Wolves game when in a rush I confused the two parking areas at Polegate station.

All spot on advice.

Re Polegate: I did exactly the same thing earlier this season before the Sheffield Wednesday Game. I parked in the shoppers car park and received a really 'scary letter' in the post two weeks or so later demanding £150. It even had a nice scales of justice logo in the top right hand corner. That REALLY scared me. :rolleyes:

The shysters who sent the demand hadn't followed the industries code of practise on several counts. I received some brilliant advice and their claim was ripped to pieces before it even went to the POPLA stage. I received a letter from them last week stating they had cancelled the demand. (3-0 to me versus the scumbag scammers over the years)

They used a template with the wrong wording, they never issued the demand within 14 days, the wording on the sign at Polegate was incorrect apparently plus they never offered the correct discount for early payment as they are required to do under the code of practise.

Throw in a request demanding to know who the landowner is and what right they have to collect monies on his behalf plus also stating the monies they are demanding are disproportionate to the claimed loss and these maggots can be beaten everytime.

Also, if you have time, write to DVLA demanding to know if your vehicle details was issued correctly under the DPA. If the Private Parking Company hasn't adhered to the BPA code of practice, technically DVLA may have breached the Data Protection act by handing out your vehicle details to them. It means the Parking Company will get audited which will be a pain in their arse and almost certainly, they will be found to have not followed the code of practise somewhere along the line, you can be fairly sure. These outfits often employ meatheads whose knowledge of the law probably isn't too fantastic.

As correctly mentioned, if they try their luck at County Court, they always back down once you file a correctly worded defence. The only ones they may win are when a defendant fails to file a defence and they lose by default.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I've successfully appealed twice. Once, when the ticket had flipped upside down on the dashboard in the street, and once, when I put it on the rear shelf to make it easier for the supermarket parkie to see, as the front of the car was almost hidden in a bush. I scanned the tickets and sent the scans with a covering email the to the local council, in one case, West Sussex and in the other, case, B&H. The warden in the supermarket had photographed the car, and the ticket could be seen on the back shelf, but he hadn't looked there. I believe all wardens take photos of "offending" cars for evidence.

I don't know how that applies to your case. If you have a ticket, is that not given by the council, rather than a private firm? Do such private firms have that kind of jurisdiction?

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I had a season ticket for an NCP car park and forgot to change the disk over to the new one on the morning the new one was due. Went back that evening and had a fine. Appealed it, enclosing a copy of the new season ticket to show I had a valid one and acknowledged I forgot to change it over.
They let me off, but told me off.
I suppose it it is an oversight and if you have a legitimate ticket, they can be human?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
All spot on advice.

Re Polegate: I did exactly the same thing earlier this season before the Sheffield Wednesday Game. I parked in the shoppers car park and received a really 'scary letter' in the post two weeks or so later demanding £150. It even had a nice scales of justice logo in the top right hand corner. That REALLY scared me. :rolleyes:

That's reassuring that you made same mistake. Mine was before the Wolves game and I had just got onto the A27 when I saw an incident ahead by Wilmington and the Police about to close the road. Was running a bit late so spun car round and parked in what I thought was the Southern Rail section of the car park when it was actually the supermarket. Hence, you can imagine my indignation that I actually bought a legitimate rail parking ticket and then these jokers tried it on.

I actually think that legally these companies must be treading a fine line legally. I've even heard of them sending out fake county court claim paperwork that when people have called Northampton no such claim exists!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here