Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking problem at the Amex sorted

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If football fans had the temerity to park there the police would send in half of the Sussex force and call in the horses from South Wales.

When the travellers turnde up the police asked the council to open the gates!

That's not strictly true, is it?

The facts are, that if travellers get into a field outside the normal access routes, the council are obliged to open up previously locked entry gates to allow access in case any of them require an ambulance or the fire brigade. That's the law and the council have no choice but to comply- the police don't have much say. Though the council may decide that once they're in, they'd rather just make them use the gate rather than have them driving over verges etc.

I learned that piece of legislation (from some travellers) quite recently.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Others don't seem to be having a problem understanding my embarrassingly simple point.

I do. Your point is more embarrassing than simple.

I am making the point that if I park in Wild Park I will be discriminated against.

All you can do is tell me not to park there.

Following your logic, if I was black and I received a ticket for parking on a double yellow line, but the white guy in the car next to me did not get a ticket, that would not be discrimination because I should have parked elsewhere.

You're nutty.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I do. Your point is more embarrassing than simple.

I am making the point that if I park in Wild Park I will be discriminated against.

All you can do is tell me not to park there.

Following your logic, if I was black and I received a ticket for parking on a double yellow line, but the white guy in the car next to me did not get a ticket, that would not be discrimination because I should have parked elsewhere.

You're nutty.

No. I'm saying you're grizzling over a hypothesis.

I thought that was obvious.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Has anyone tried to park in Wild Park for a game?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Has anyone tried to park in Wild Park for a game?

I do regularly. I take a dog lead with me and wonder out of my car in a hurry yelling "Trenton! Trenton!" as I hurridly round the corner. About 100 mins later I come wondering back round looking sad and get back in. my car. It's a red 1993 Ford Sierra Cosworth with a faded pink side panel and a Molesey FC sticker in the rear left. It looks like it's got bad Aids.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Wild park isn't in the restriction zone. Neither is Stanmer Park. Only that Stanmer has stewards. I find a mountain bike on the back seats and lack of Albion shirt and the Stanmer Park stewards are more than accommodating.
"No football parking here sir" "oh no I'm going on a bike ride, can't stand bloody football"

Surely if you are parking outside the restricted zone then they have **** all power to stop you parking there anyway? What is the point of the club putting stewards there? They did the same at Withdean.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Large One, you're wrong on this one.

In what way?

The principle reasons the travellers aren't getting tickets are one, they almost certainly won't pay them (which is a separate issue), and two the Council is currently having to go through the Courts to get them evicted. It's a different set of circumstances to him parking there alone, where one vehicle can be dealt with by the authorities, should there be a problem.

That's not discrimination, that's common sense. It might be unfair, but goldstone has a long tradition of claiming unfairness at every turn in life. By that time, it's hard to tell what's a genuine complaint, and what's a cried-wolf complaint.

Unless you feel that one person being arrested at the Amex for yelling homophobic abuse when 500 of the same crowd were doing the same is also discriminatory?

Of course, he could park at Wild Park and not get a parking ticket at all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm still struggling with the "in case any of them require an ambulance or the fire brigade" bit.

Me too. I know the Rozzers are essentially unskilled lackeys for local government but they seem to use their limited discretion very selectively.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm still struggling with the "in case any of them require an ambulance or the fire brigade" bit.

They wouldn't have needed either if the council hadn't opened the gate. The police have confirmed publicly they could have evicted them almost immediately until the gate was opened but this council seem rather too traveller friendly.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

The Argus said the reason they opened the gate was that their caravans and cars were going over the pavement and causing a risk to pedestrians and traffic

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Then don't park at Wild Park, and you won't get a ticket.

That's not discrimination, that's common sense.

Oh.

In 1950s America, white people could sit near the front of the bus with no problem. Black people couldn't do this.

Would your advice to black people be "Don't sit at the back, and you won't have a problem."?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

:facepalm: back at you - the police have confirmed that by the council voluntarily allowing them access to the land the police could no longer use a section 61 meaning they could have been evicted within 24 hours.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't like to generalise but every single Pikey is a lawless ****wit with nothing on the mind but theivery and cheating, I sometimes wish Hitler had made it here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here